Discussion topic: Sky q is not working downstairs but working using the app upstairs using sky go on my iPad.

This message was authored by Lesleyimrie This message was authored by: Lesleyimrie

Sky q is not working downstairs but working using the app upstairs using sky go on my iPad.

I rejoined sky and nothing seems to be working except l can get tv using the sky go app on my iPad. 
lesleyimrie

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky q is not working downstairs but working using the app upstairs using sky go on my iPad.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lesleyimrie wrote:

I rejoined sky and nothing seems to be working except l can get tv using the sky go app on my iPad. 
lesleyimrie

Hi @Lesleyimrie 

Not working doesn't give us any clues.

Is the Q box on with green LED on the right hand side?

Is there any message on the TV set?

Have you tried rebooting the Q box?

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Lesleyimrie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lesleyimrie This message was authored by: Lesleyimrie

Re: Sky q is not working downstairs but working using the app upstairs using sky go on my iPad.

I have tried everything you have mentioned the remote and lights are working still says a technical fault.

lesleyimrie

@Lesleyimrie wrote:

I have tried everything you have mentioned the remote and lights are working still says a technical fault.

lesleyimrie

Technical fault helps @Lesleyimrie 

Work through the following link.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/there-is-a-technical-fault-with-this-channel

Lesleyimrie
Topic Author

I have done everything you have mentioned and the remote and lights are working fine but I still have no tv.

lesleyimrie

@Lesleyimrie wrote:

I have done everything you have mentioned and the remote and lights are working fine but I still have no tv.

lesleyimrie

Have you tried everything in the link I posted @Lesleyimrie ??

Lesleyimrie
Topic Author

I now can't get my sky box to turn green.

lesleyimrie

Lesleyimrie
Topic Author

I can't get my sky box to turn green.

lesleyimrie

@Lesleyimrie wrote:

I can't get my sky box to turn green.

lesleyimrie

Have you tried pressing the Amber led on the front of the box @Lesleyimrie ?

If it will not come on then work through the following link and it will lead to a conclusion 
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on

If you have to order a new Q box this usually means a doorstep swap.
Don’t forget to keep your viewing card from the failed box if you order a replacement. Also if the box you are replacing is a 2TB there are two versions of power supply. One has a standard C7 (figure of eight) power lead socket in the back of the Q box. The other has a separate power supply. Although this still has the C7 power lead into the power supply there is a multi pin Din power socket in the Q box for connecting the power supply. Make sure that the replacement box has the power supply included if the Q box has the orange coded multi pin din socket in the back of the Q box. See below.

IMG_0432.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion