Discussion topic: Sky Q main box freezing

This message was authored by Jamielee15 This message was authored by: Jamielee15

Sky Q main box freezing

Had my sky q box since Feb 2017, and very recently it keeps freezing no matter what I'm watching. This happens at least once a week, sometimes more. No issues with anything else (internet, signal etc.). Only way to resolve the issue is to turn it off at the mains and reboot. Could it be that the box is getting old and needs replacing?

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky Q main box freezing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jamielee15 wrote:

Had my sky q box since Feb 2017, and very recently it keeps freezing no matter what I'm watching. This happens at least once a week, sometimes more. No issues with anything else (internet, signal etc.). Only way to resolve the issue is to turn it off at the mains and reboot. Could it be that the box is getting old and needs replacing?

@Jamielee15 You could try resetting the settings in the Q boxes hidden menu.
To enter the hidden menu press the home button and scroll down to settings but do not select settings.
With settings highlighted press 0 0 1
Only Carry out the first Reset being Reset Settings as the others will wipe all recordings.
After the reset you will have to re-pair your remote assuming you are using a bluetooth remote by pressing 1 and 3 together on the remote

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion