Discussion topic: Sky Mini Box will not play recordings

This message was authored by Stuart9 This message was authored by: Stuart9

Sky Mini Box will not play recordings

Hi,

I try to watch recordings through my Sky Mini Box but it constantly crashes and says it is unable to connect.  I have run through all the settings and the standard reset issues.  We got a sky engineer out, who tried a few things and said if it happens again I need a broadband engineer.  However I cannot get through to sky to get them to send an engineer (on hold for 45 minutes)  - wondering if anyone on here has anything you can suggest? 

Thank you,

Stuart

Best Answers
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Re: Sky Mini Box will not play recordings

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Stuart9 and arranged an engineer

Thanks again for the escalation have a great afternoon 🙂

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stuart9 wrote:

Hi,

I try to watch recordings through my Sky Mini Box but it constantly crashes and says it is unable to connect.  I have run through all the settings and the standard reset issues.  We got a sky engineer out, who tried a few things and said if it happens again I need a broadband engineer.  However I cannot get through to sky to get them to send an engineer (on hold for 45 minutes)  - wondering if anyone on here has anything you can suggest? 

Thank you,

Stuart

hi @Stuart9 

Personally I thnk the SKY Q engineers should be equiped to sort you out - if your broadband was not SKY they would need to as then they don't use the home wifi

I have escalated your post to a SKY support team, who, hopefully, will be in touch & maybe able to give advice or make sure the correct engineer is booked.

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP address' is not checked in settings  to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Stuart9 and arranged an engineer

Thanks again for the escalation have a great afternoon 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion