Discussion topic: Series Link recordings intermittently stop recording

This message was authored by DaveIW This message was authored by: DaveIW

Series Link recordings intermittently stop recording

I often experience issues when series linked recording programs stop recording 

For example, I set up The Chase to record and set series link.  The Chase is transmitted at the same time every day. The program will successfully record for several days, even weeks, then suddenly stop recording.

The same scenario has occurred on other programs.  EG Richard Osmand House of Games has been successfully recording for a few weeks. Today it failed to record.

Why does this happen?
How can I ensure that Series Linked programs actually record?

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Series Link recordings intermittently stop recording

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @DaveIW , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DaveIW wrote:

I often experience issues when series linked recording programs stop recording 

For example, I set up The Chase to record and set series link.  The Chase is transmitted at the same time every day. The program will successfully record for several days, even weeks, then suddenly stop recording.

The same scenario has occurred on other programs.  EG Richard Osmand House of Games has been successfully recording for a few weeks. Today it failed to record.

Why does this happen?
How can I ensure that Series Linked programs actually record?

@DaveIW its down to the individual channel broadcasters to set the series link. I can't speak for the chase but I know Richard Osmans house og games has changed name to festive house of games so this will stop the series link from working the BBC should have set the link to continue but guessing due to the slight name change it won't link to the prvious house of games and the same will happen when the name changes back 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
DaveIW
Topic Author

@Laing1

thanks for your response, which makes sense

its really infuriating though, that a simple name change would cause a sheduled series linked program not to record.

on another note, how can I now view Mondays House Of Games, which did not record.  It does not appear on Catchup TV (only Tuesdays is available),  It is not listed in BBC iPlayer (only Richard Osmonds House of Games is shown, not Richard Osmonds Festive House of Games)

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DaveIW wrote:

@Laing1

thanks for your response, which makes sense

its really infuriating though, that a simple name change would cause a sheduled series linked program not to record.

on another note, how can I now view Mondays House Of Games, which did not record.  It does not appear on Catchup TV (only Tuesdays is available),  It is not listed in BBC iPlayer (only Richard Osmonds House of Games is shown, not Richard Osmonds Festive House of Games)

@DaveIW ghis actually beggers beleif but it appears that the Richard Osmans Festive house of games was actually first shown in December 2022 under its normal name of Richard Osmans House of games and is on catchup under BBC >channels>bbc2>yesterday i only found it as saw it yesterday and knew who the guests were 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
DaveIW
Topic Author

@Laing1 

Thanks for your reply. Finally found it.

DaveIW
Topic Author

Well it's happened again.....

House Of Games has suddenly stopped recording.  ......  Why ????
Very infuriating !!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion