Discussion topic: Remote recording Sky Sport Main Event UHD?

This message was authored by freddy73 This message was authored by: freddy73

Remote recording Sky Sport Main Event UHD?

I am abroad at the moment and am wanting to set a recording on the above channel this weekend.

I understand that this can't be done via the Sky Go app as that or the mini boxes don't support UHD, but last year when I was abroad I used to be able to go to the TV guide (https://www.sky.com/tv-guide) when signed in and request a remote record that way.

I looked earlier and could find any UHD channels listed..

Any advise would be great received.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Remote recording Sky Sport Main Event UHD?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@freddy73 wrote:

I am abroad at the moment and am wanting to set a recording on the above channel this weekend.

I understand that this can't be done via the Sky Go app as that or the mini boxes don't support UHD, but last year when I was abroad I used to be able to go to the TV guide (https://www.sky.com/tv-guide) when signed in and request a remote record that way.

I looked earlier and could find any UHD channels listed..

Any advise would be great received.

Hi @freddy73 

As the Online Guide has no idea what channels you can receive it's unlikely to show UHD channels I would think.

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

I have never managed to set recordings on any channel whilst away from my home - does this feature even work?

Ps. I was told it had set them (on my tablet) but the recordings were never set on my SkyQ, I was also abroad.

freddy73
Topic Author
This message was authored by freddy73 This message was authored by: freddy73

You can remote record via the app if you go to 'TV Guide', select the 'Record to Sky Box' tab, then the channel/program you want to record - this works well but as mentioned no access to the UHD channels.

For ref. you need to pair/connect your Sky Q box first via settings for this to work

On the website, you need to be logged in, and have a UK IP address (VPN if abroad), then just select the program you want to record and hit the record button.

Both work well, but are now unusable for UHD channels as the are not shown on either the app or the Sky websites TV guide.

In answer to the first reply, the TV guide list all channels regardless if you are subscribed to them or not - obviously you can't set a recording of an program on a channel you don't have in your package.

The UHD channels use to show o the websites TV guide last year as I remote recorded a few shows in UHD while I was abroad.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion