Discussion topic: Red Button not working on Sky Mulitscreen box on Sky F1

This message was authored by PezzPa This message was authored by: PezzPa

Red Button not working on Sky Mulitscreen box on Sky F1

Error code WGT8 

All Replies

This message was authored by Blueandwhiterover This message was authored by: Blueandwhiterover

Re: Red Button not working on Sky Mulitscreen box on Sky F1

Me too, on sky mini box, main sky q box works. Nobody seems to know or care how to fix it.

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

are you trying to use the red button to get UHD coverage?

If you are it won't as mini boxes cannot display UHD content

This message was authored by MervMoran This message was authored by: MervMoran

I am also experiencing this problem when I hit the red button to access "recap" on live sports

This message was authored by mvs1957 This message was authored by: mvs1957

Me too. 

There is a technical issue.

Please try again later.

Code: WGT8

This is on the main Sky Q box.

My Blu-Ray is playing in UHD, it's only Sky content.

This message was authored by DawnW67 This message was authored by: DawnW67

The same here when trying to watch the F1 multiscreen content. It works for 1 minute then gives a technical error COMP6 id:19e905. This is the same on my main Skyq and the minibox. It does work OK on the Sky Sports app on my Android phone however.

This message was authored by neilxxxxxxxxxxxxx This message was authored by: neilxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have the same after 1 minute of Formula 1 red button. Have to exit and reenter then I can watch for one more minute then blank screen and error COMP6.

Is anyone from Sky here?

This message was authored by Blueandwhiterover This message was authored by: Blueandwhiterover

I have had a second visit from an engineer who changed the minibox. So this is now the third one.

This made no difference, apart from the message changed to " this app is currently unavailable " 

Two days later I did a manual software update on the minibox whilst the Saturday lunchtime match was on, after completion of the update the update software option was still available so I did another one. I didn't note the software version so not sure if it was the same update twice or two updates. 

Anyway I then tried the red button option and low and behold it worked and has continued to work. 

It seems to me the problem is with sky's software and maybe compatibility problems with certain miniboxes or sky Q main boxes. 

So finally after 2 main boxes and 3 miniboxes I can lock myself away and shout at the tele when my team is on the red button.

This message was authored by neilxxxxxxxxxxxxx This message was authored by: neilxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nope, power cycled then did software update twice, same issue.

It fails after exactly 60 seconds every time, maybe a buffer filling up or something similar, my HDD is currently reporting 97% full. I have also sent a message on the "live" chat but no response. Maybe not paying my bill in 10 days time will get their attention. Way to provide customer service Sky.

>-(

I've just done software updates on my Sky Q and Mini-box and will try again tonight during the F1.

I'm guessing that Sky have implimented security of switching URL's for the RB streams every minute and our boxes are failing to switch.

Tried again last night and got the same problem on both my boxes. It works OK on the Sky Sports app on my phone.

Come on Sky - get this sorted!

It's working again for me this morning, thank you Sky

🙂

Yes, worked for me too 🙂

This message was authored by DID11 This message was authored by: DID11

Hi,

I have been googling technical issues regarding the red button on sky Q and I am getting the same message as yours. I was just wondering if you managed to resolve the problem. Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards.

This message was authored by DID11 This message was authored by: DID11

...... continuing. This is the message I am getting 

There is a technical issue.

Please try again later.

Code: WGT8

This is on the main Sky Q box

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion