Discussion topic: Q box isn’t connecting to sky Wi-Fi

This message was authored by GillianT0309 This message was authored by: GillianT0309

Q box isn’t connecting to sky Wi-Fi

I've reset the Q box and the router and run a check on my broadband. Other devices are connecting fine to my Wi-Fi but I cannot get the Q box to. Any advice on what else I can do much appreciated. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Q box isn’t connecting to sky Wi-Fi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GillianT0309 wrote:

I've reset the Q box and the router and run a check on my broadband. Other devices are connecting fine to my Wi-Fi but I cannot get the Q box to. Any advice on what else I can do much appreciated. 

Hi @GillianT0309 

Have you carried out a Network reset on your Q box?

Network Reset found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router. Even if reset is not listed there is still an option to connect by WiFi to Sky or 3rd party router
If you are on Sky Broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.
if you are on 3rd party (non Sky ) broadband then you need to enter the SSID and password for the router 2.4 Ghz WiFi band.

GillianT0309
Topic Author
This message was authored by GillianT0309 This message was authored by: GillianT0309

Yep I have

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try the steps in post 7 here

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-q-box-not-linking-with-Wi-Fi/m-p/4504698#M618552

and also take a look at the link in post 8

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion