Discussion topic: Please check your subscription entitles you to view channel on this bix

This message was authored by Adele57 This message was authored by: Adele57

Please check your subscription entitles you to view channel on this bix

My sky box keeps telling me to check my subscription entitles me to view this channel on this box 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky Answer

Re: Please check your subscription entitles you to view channel on this bix

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adele57 wrote:

My sky box keeps telling me to check my subscription entitles me to view this channel on this box 

Try fixing by rebooting your Sky Q box @Adele57 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Adele57 

Could you tell us what you're trying to watch, what channel and on the main box or mini box?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Adele57 wrote:

Hi @Adele57 

To what channel are you referring?

First check that you are not trying to Download or view HD or UHD content without the Q HD or UHD Subscription pack.
The Sky Q Sports pack and BT Sport if you subscribe through Sky are in HD as Standard.
Sky Cinema if you subscribe is also in HD.
Sky Signature includes BoxSets and Entertainment channels only in SD as standard.
Only free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc are in HD. The Q HD pack is required for all other Sky Signature HD content, including Catch Up in HD, On Demand in HD and BoxSets in HD
If you do not have the Optional HD pack you need to change the Download to SD in All Formats (as HD is the default setting).
So that you do not need to do this every time it’s best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.
This needs to done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

Adele57
Topic Author

All channels 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky Answer

@Adele57 wrote:

Try fixing by rebooting your Sky Q box @Adele57 

Adele57
Topic Author

Have done that numerous times 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@Adele57 wrote:

Have done that numerous times 

I've escalated your post to Sky, so keep an eye out for a message from Sky @Adele57 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Adele57 an invite to chat.

This message was authored by shazzabostonuk This message was authored by: shazzabostonuk

Ive rang sky many times over this issue, does anyone know how to resolve this please 😕 

This message was authored by shazzabostonuk This message was authored by: shazzabostonuk

@Adele57  Did you get this sorted, im having the same issues 😕

@Greenfingers001 Could you forward me to get help also please, ive restarted updated many times and i still can't view on my mini box. 

This message was authored by Baldeagle11 This message was authored by: Baldeagle11

Has anyone managed to fix this issue themselves? I see

Had SkyQ for a whole day before the mini boxes started to display the error, spent an age on the phone to sky, couldn't fix it, then an engineer was due to come out today a week after we phoned, and is a no show. 

This message was authored by TheFlem This message was authored by: TheFlem

Did anyone get the fix to this problem?? Started on my system last week, tried numerous reboots and no improvement 🤔

This message was authored by sarries22 This message was authored by: sarries22

Has anyone managed to fix this issue yet?   @Addie15 I am still having the same issue after re booting and speaking to customer services for a long time ...nothing has helped. It would appear my viewing card needs updating to allow the mini box to work....How do i go about this. Who to phone. Engineer booked for Thursday , which means a day off work, so surely there is something i can do myself to update the viewing card? @caesarome

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@sarries22 wrote:

Has anyone managed to fix this issue yet?   @Addie15 I am still having the same issue after re booting and speaking to customer services for a long time ...nothing has helped. It would appear my viewing card needs updating to allow the mini box to work....How do i go about this. Who to phone. Engineer booked for Thursday , which means a day off work, so surely there is something i can do myself to update the viewing card? @caesarome

@sarries22 

To attempt a refresh on your viewing card:

Home > Settings > System info.
Highlight Viewing card number and then select Setup on the right hand side.
Then select Use this option to trigger a callback

No phone call is involved but the card should be refreshed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion