Discussion topic: Paramount + not playing any programmes

This message was authored by VFR This message was authored by: VFR

Paramount + not playing any programmes

I have Sky Q with the Paramount + package and it has now stopped working.  I can open the App, login, select my profile and select a programme to watch BUT all that happens is that I get a screen with a spinning circle.  All other streaming apps work fine.  I have Gigabit internet and the Sky box is wired directly to the router.

I have used the 001/Select method to reset the Apps but still get nothing playing. It is the same on my main box and the 2 other Sky Q boxes.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Paramount + not playing any programmes

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @VFR 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
VFR
Topic Author

Thanks Tom.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

VFR
Topic Author

I have been waiting on an invite to a chat buit have not recieved any.  Please do not close the invite.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

@VFR We’ve sent another invite to chat. Please engage within 48 hours to prevent the request closing.

This message was authored by Monster821 This message was authored by: Monster821

I was in a chat and was asked to reboot my router and I have now lost that chat!

VFR
Topic Author

This is still an issue and despite checking with my ISP who categorically state they are not blocking anything, it is still not working!

To validate that it must be a sky issue, my 4K Apple TV box on the same switch on the same TV and connected to the same router can access Paramount Plus using the app.  So I can access it on my network using an iPhone, an iPad, Apple TV, a MacMini and 3 MacBooks but not on my Sky main box or 3 Sky Q boxes.  How can this possibly be the case that the ISP is blocking specific services to Sky boxes?

Incidentally, Discovery Plus also shows thee xact same symptoms and I cannot access that App via Sky either but can access it using all of the above devices.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion