Discussion topic: Ordered a replacement remote

This message was authored by Ro25 This message was authored by: Ro25

Ordered a replacement remote

Hi I ordered a new remote control on 9.01.23 and still haven't received anything. I have been without tv services for more than a week. The remote stopped working on Monday. It's left on a channel but we can't change anything or watch recorded programmes. 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Ordered a replacement remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ro25 wrote:

Hi I ordered a new remote control on 9.01.23 and still haven't received anything. I have been without tv services for more than a week. The remote stopped working on Monday. It's left on a channel but we can't change anything or watch recorded programmes. 

hi @Ro25 

In case you are not aware you are not adressing SKY here - we are, primarily, just other customers. 

That does seem a long time for a remote to arrive but they are sent via Royal Mail and subject to any issues they may have.

If you have an iOS device the SKY Go App for iOS now has a virtual remote 

If you don't have an iOS device, although not ideal, as there is cost, you can buy a new remote from many sources online or even some local stores.

This message was authored by Digifriendly This message was authored by: Digifriendly

Re: Ordered a replacement remote

Tend to agree. You can buy them in Currys and in other shops/stores e.g. Tescos.

Quicker than ordering through Sky.

D. Howard Gilpin

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion