Discussion topic: No longer able to watch sky Atlantic

This message was authored by Gill351 This message was authored by: Gill351

No longer able to watch sky Atlantic

Attempting to watch sky Atlantic and it's telling me to upgrade,I already have signature... tried turning off and on.. nothing 

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: No longer able to watch sky Atlantic

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you trying to watch HD without a corresponding subscription?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: No longer able to watch sky Atlantic

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gill351 wrote:

Attempting to watch sky Atlantic and it's telling me to upgrade,I already have signature... tried turning off and on.. nothing 

Hi @Gill351 

First check that you are not trying to Download or view HD or UHD content without the Q HD or UHD Subscription pack.
The Sky Q Sports pack and BT Sport if you subscribe through Sky are in HD as Standard.
Sky Cinema if you subscribe is also in HD.
Sky Signature includes BoxSets and Entertainment channels only in SD as standard.
Only free to air channels such as BBC, ITV etc are in HD. The Q HD pack is required for all other Sky Signature HD content, including Catch Up in HD, On Demand in HD and BoxSets in HD
If you do not have the Optional HD pack you need to change the Download to SD in All Formats (as HD is the default setting).
So that you do not need to do this every time it’s best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.
This needs to be done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion