Discussion topic: New Sky remote previously synced to TV

This message was authored by NinaGabrielle This message was authored by: NinaGabrielle

New Sky remote previously synced to TV

My Sky mini box remote has recently been replaced as the last one stopped working. The old one controlled the TV as it was synced to it, and I don't have a separate one for the TV.

Whilst the new remote operates the mini box as it goes to green, I've not been able to synced with the TV I'm unable to get the TV to even turn on as I have nothing to do this with.

Help please!!! What do I do in order to be able to operate the TV with the new Sky remote and get everything working. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: New Sky remote previously synced to TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NinaGabrielle wrote:

Thank you @oldfella although I'm confused by this. I can't turn the tv on as mentioned, so how would I see anything onscreen? Will the tv automatically turn on when I press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes?

Hi @NinaGabrielle 

Afraid the TV needs to be on to sync the remote.

What happens if you reboot your TV.  ie disconnect the power for 30 secs and then power back on?

Isn't there a manual switch on your TV to switch it on?

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@NinaGabrielle wrote:

My Sky mini box remote has recently been replaced as the last one stopped working. The old one controlled the TV as it was synced to it, and I don't have a separate one for the TV.

Whilst the new remote operates the mini box as it goes to green, I've not been able to synced with the TV I'm unable to get the TV to even turn on as I have nothing to do this with.

Help please!!! What do I do in order to be able to operate the TV with the new Sky remote and get everything working. 

Hi @NinaGabrielle 

Try completly resetting your new Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

NinaGabrielle
Topic Author
This message was authored by NinaGabrielle This message was authored by: NinaGabrielle

Thank you @oldfella although I'm confused by this. I can't turn the tv on as mentioned, so how would I see anything onscreen? Will the tv automatically turn on when I press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@NinaGabrielle wrote:

Hi @NinaGabrielle 

Afraid the TV needs to be on to sync the remote.

What happens if you reboot your TV.  ie disconnect the power for 30 secs and then power back on?

Isn't there a manual switch on your TV to switch it on?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Every TV has a manual on switch even if it's well hidden.

NinaGabrielle
Topic Author

@oldfella it's times like this I definitely realise I have a brain injury. As if something that basic wasn't my trail of thought?! But thankfully now working due to turning the tv on manually. Much appreciated 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion