Discussion topic: ITV X

This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

ITV X

I hope this is not a stupid question.

I have a Sky Q box. I rarely watch ITV X..

However tonight I chose a programme to watch on ITV X which was on ITV 1 some weeks ago.  I watched the programme and then went back to the.beginning and I tried to record the programme through my Sky Q box but was not able to do so. There is nothing  wrong with my Sky Q box as I can record programmes on ITV and BBC etc in the usual way.

All Replies

This message was authored by Digifriendly This message was authored by: Digifriendly

Re: ITV X

Recording on Sky Q and watching a programme on any app e.g. ITVX are 2 completely different things. You cannot backwards record any programme on Sky Q that has already been broadcast but only record when progamme is being shown or is to be shown via epg.

To watch a programme that has already been broadcast you need to use an app e.g. ITV X.

D. Howard Gilpin
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@middlesex1993 wrote:

I hope this is not a stupid question.

I have a Sky Q box. I rarely watch ITV X..

However tonight I chose a programme to watch on ITV X which was on ITV 1 some weeks ago.  I watched the programme and then went back to the.beginning and I tried to record the programme through my Sky Q box but was not able to do so. There is nothing  wrong with my Sky Q box as I can record programmes on ITV and BBC etc in the usual way.

Hi @middlesex1993 as suggested by @Digifriendly you cannot record from the streamed Apps on SKY Q.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Thank you for the replies.

I do find modern technology rather difficult at times.

I now understand one can not record a programme on ITV X. Hopefully at some point in the future one will be able to do so.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Hopefully at some point in the future one will be able to do so.

The whole point of streaming is that you cannot record.  This way you cannot retain a copy and have to have a relevant subscription to access the stream.  (In some ways recording would be pointless anyway as you can stream at any time)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion