Discussion topic: Message come on screen this morning saying please insert viewing card with the chip facing up. I

This message was authored by Adam1875 This message was authored by: Adam1875

Message come on screen this morning saying please insert viewing card with the chip facing up. I

I removed my viewing card and reinserted and it is still telling me to insert card with chip facing up 

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Message come on screen this morning saying please insert viewing card with the chip facing up. I

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adam1875 wrote:

I removed my viewing card and reinserted and it is still telling me to insert card with chip facing up 

@Adam1875 try taking it out again wiping  the chip with a dry soft cloth then replace the card pushing it fully in untill you hear a click once seated try rebooting your box

If you still fet the message 

You could try refreshing your viewing card by pressing home > settings > system info > viewing card number > setup > viewing card setup press select to trigger a callback don't worry nothing to do with your phone its only Sky's terminology this will be done over the internet 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion