Discussion topic: MACK

This message was authored by mackk This message was authored by: mackk

MACK

Having used the Sky Q box for two months now please note the following.

The Sky forum and Internet comments confirm that this Sky Q box and handset are totally non-user-friendly, not functionally logical, do not have some of the previous simple user features, and has obviously been put into production before all the bugs and illogical features have been resolved.  There are even inconsistencies in attempts to repeat the same operation.

Whoever authorised the start of production of this unit, (not an uncommon executive action), should be sacked. Or ideally executed.

(removed)

Tended to prefer to us my old Sky recorder rather than the multi recording channel Humax.

Now if possible I/we use the CPU overloaded Humax recorder, even with it’s faults.

When do Sky plan to replace the Q box & handset with a properly developed and customer assessed unit?

From a most unhappy disappointed customer(s).

Regards

Keith & Doreen Mack

Moderator note: Removed innapropriate remarks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: MACK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mackk wrote:

When do Sky plan to replace the Q box & handset with a properly developed and customer assessed unit?

@mackk 

There will be no major changes to Sky Q now that it's already 8 years old and satellite transmissions in the UK have a very limited lifespan. Sky now promotes Glass and Stream platforms as the future.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @mackk   You are 8 years late to the party.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@mackk wrote:

@mackk 

There will be no major changes to Sky Q now that it's already 8 years old and satellite transmissions in the UK have a very limited lifespan. Sky now promotes Glass and Stream platforms as the future.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@mackk wrote:

Or ideally executed.

That seems a tad harsh.  🤣

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@mackk wrote:

There will never be another Sky satellite television product in the UK: as @Daniel0210 indicates the era of that technology is drawing to a close, and is likely to end before the turn of this decade as the satellites in the Astra 28.2E cluster expend the last of their positioning propellant.  The current Sky contract with SES, owners of the satellite platform, runs through to December 2028.

The successor service from Sky (under Comcast ownership) is Entertainment OS using content delivered online to Glass television and Stream puck hardware, while Freesat (and eventually Freeview) will migrate to the Freely streaming app.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@mackk I've had my Sky Q box for 8 years now and I don't miss the outdated Sky+ boxes I had

Wouldn't revert back to Sky+ if the option was available.

Is Humax a typo should that be read as Sky Q?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

There are some who are allergic to change.....

mackk
Topic Author
This message was authored by mackk This message was authored by: mackk

Humax is a popular TV multi channel recorder. I am certainly allergic to changes for the worst or poor functionality. My views are repeated numerous over the internet and the Sky forum. For example there is no 'one step back' button.  The only applicable button takes you back to the start so you have to go thro the whole sequence again if you can remember how you got there in the first place.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@mackk wrote:

For example there is no 'one step back' button. 

Try tapping left.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion