Discussion topic: I dont want netflic WITH adverts

This message was authored by stemadpc2 This message was authored by: stemadpc2

I dont want netflic WITH adverts

As a vulnerable individual grappling with an incurable illness, I reached out for assistance in reducing my bill due to severe financial hardship. The advisor I spoke with was remarkably courteous, kind, and professional. However, upon downgrading my package, I was led to believe that I would receive Netflix without adverts, only to discover otherwise. Despite numerous attempts, I’ve been unable to upgrade to ad-free Netflix through either my Sky Account on the TV or online portal.

I kindly request an immediate upgrade to Netflix without adverts. Given the misunderstanding that led to this situation, I ask for any available goodwill offer to rectify it. I encourage you to review the recorded conversation from April 13th to corroborate my account.

I eagerly await your prompt response.

Best regards,

Steven (removed)

Moderator note: Removed personal/identifiable details

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: I dont want netflic WITH adverts

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stemadpc2 wrote:

As a vulnerable individual grappling with an incurable illness, I reached out for assistance in reducing my bill due to severe financial hardship. The advisor I spoke with was remarkably courteous, kind, and professional. However, upon downgrading my package, I was led to believe that I would receive Netflix without adverts, only to discover otherwise. Despite numerous attempts, I’ve been unable to upgrade to ad-free Netflix through either my Sky Account on the TV or online portal.

I kindly request an immediate upgrade to Netflix without adverts. Given the misunderstanding that led to this situation, I ask for any available goodwill offer to rectify it. I encourage you to review the recorded conversation from April 13th to corroborate my account.

Best regards

Hi @stemadpc2 

Afraid you are not contacting Sky directly here as this is a customer forum.
If you need to contact them you need to persevere by phone.
To contact Sky
Select Need more help
at the bottom of the following link and this will lead to a phone contact.
Ignore all automated messages and wait for an agent
https://www.sky.com/help/home

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@stemadpc2 wrote:

Best regards

Hi @stemadpc2 

To contact Sky
Select Need more help

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Not sure if you are aware @stemadpc2 but this is a community where customers help each other so you are not actually talking to Sky support.

If the person you spoke to said you would receive Netflix with out ads then you will need to call back giving them the date and time you spoke to them about this so if needs be they can listen to what was said to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@stemadpc2 

Note that Netflix Basic (lower resolution but without adverts) just doesn't exist for new subscriptions, and the default product is Netflix Standard with Ads.

The Sky HD and UHD add-ons no longer upgrade Netflix on Sky (to Standard and then Premium) : this requires separate 'boost' subscription supplements purchased through Sky.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by digglerthelegend This message was authored by: digglerthelegend

@oldfella wrote:

To contact Sky
Select Need more help

Not sure if you're aware @oldfella but ignoring all automated messages will lead to a final message asking you to check on line before disconnecting the call.

This message was authored by stemadpc2 This message was authored by: stemadpc2

Thanks for the advise guys, i have now been in touch woth sky directly. Sorry about all that. Take care

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion