Discussion topic: I can't get discovery+

This message was authored by Etheridg This message was authored by: Etheridg

I can't get discovery+

ive had tnt sports a while now I paid £18per month,so I should get discovery plus for free,I just rung up sky+she sent me a link,It says go to my sky,then it says browse shop,they haven't got that,you've got sky shop?I pressed on that+discovery plus isn't there?this isn't gd,why make it so frustrating?you've depressed the hell out of me,you've got it wrong,**bleep** off with you!help,I'm John 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: I can't get discovery+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Etheridg wrote:

ive had tnt sports a while now I paid £18per month,so I should get discovery plus for free,I just rung up sky+she sent me a link,It says go to my sky,then it says browse shop,they haven't got that,you've got sky shop?I pressed on that+discovery plus isn't there?this isn't gd,why make it so frustrating?you've depressed the hell out of me,you've got it wrong,**bleep** off with you!help,I'm John 

Hi @Etheridg 

Having TNT Sports has no bearing on Discovery plus.

If you have Sky Q then Discovery plus is free to all users but must be Subscribed through Sky Marketplace and activated.

If you have Sky Q and subscribe to TNT Sports by paying Sky for your subscription the Discovery plus is upgraded to Premium provided it has been correctly subscribed.

Do you have Sky Q or Sky+???

Etheridg
Topic Author
This message was authored by Etheridg This message was authored by: Etheridg

I've got sky q,you're saying by having sky+that discovery plus is automatically upgraded,well it hasent done that for me?why not?what do I do?

@Etheridg wrote:

I've got sky q,you're saying by having sky+that discovery plus is automatically upgraded,well it hasent done that for me?why not?what do I do?

No I didn't say that at all @Etheridg 

What I said was 

If you have Sky Q and subscribe to TNT Sports by paying Sky for your subscription the Discovery plus is upgraded to Premium provided it has been correctly subscribed..

Ie

you need to be subscribed to Discovery plus (through Sky Marketplace).

'Once you are subscribed to Discovery plus and you have TNT Sport Subscription with Sky then your Discovery plus will be upgraded to premium.

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@oldfella 

The only difference having TNT Sports makes is you get Discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports) Instead of Discovery+ Standard

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

@ThePope27 wrote:

@oldfella 

The only difference having TNT Sports makes is you get Discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports) Instead of Discovery+ Standard

That's what i said @ThePope27 

However you omit the fact that TNT Sports has to be subscribed through Sky and not BT

Ie 

"'Once you are subscribed to Discovery plus and you have TNT Sport Subscription with Sky then your Discovery plus will be upgraded to premium"

This message was authored by Mike001 This message was authored by: Mike001

We got charged £30.99  to watch  Discovery + really considering to get rid of Sky altogether, becoming to expensive and only thinking of profiteering like all the other large companies.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@ThePope27 wrote:

@oldfella 

Yes but your Discovery+ Standard is only  upgraded to Discovery+ Premium if you have a TNT Sports subscription via Sky

I have both Standard via Sky and Premium via BT if I want to watch TNT Sports on my Sky Q box I need to log in with  my BT ID

@best+of+the+best 

There is no such way to log in with "BTID" SSO even on the official Disco+ website, you can use the same email address that you use with your BT account on your Disco+ account but it won't use BT SSO to log into Disco+

I have Disco+ premium with EE and Disco+ premium with sky and used the same account and it just merged the subscriptions, you should have used the same email address for both Sky and BT and it would have done the same as what happened to me.

IMG_1286.png

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@ThePope27 wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

There is no such way to log in with "BTID" SSO even on the official Disco+ website, you can use the same email address that you use with your BT account on your Disco+ account but it won't use BT SSO to log into Disco+

I have Disco+ premium with EE and Disco+ premium with sky and used the same account and it just merged the subscriptions, you should have used the same email address for both Sky and BT and it would have done the same as what happened to me.

IMG_1286.png

Fair comment @ThePope27 did I say that I used BT ID SSO for Discovery+ 

Doesn't a BT ID consist of an email address and password? and that's what I use for Discovery+Premium on Sky Q  Firetvstick Smart TV TNT Sports app on Samsung device and Firetablet.

Screenshot_20240418-231111_Chrome.jpg

Also I didn't want to use the same account as my Sky account each too their own I guess.

@best+of+the+best 

When you said you used your btid I assumed SSO, I guess it was just misconstrued by myself.

If you would have said a bt email address it would have made more sense but matters not.

The only benifit of having 2 seperate accounts is you can have 8 devices actively streaming at the same time (4 on each account) where I can only have 4.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion