Discussion topic: How do I find out if my sky box is UHD and HDR ready?

This message was authored by HRGiger This message was authored by: HRGiger

How do I find out if my sky box is UHD and HDR ready?

Hi there, I think I have a HDR/UHD compatible box, the hardware version is 32B212. when I call sky they keep telling me that it is not compatible with UHD and I need a 2 trilabite box. There is often a language barrier and though I keep trying I fail to get the information I need. I have seen on other posts about this that the  hardware version IS compatible with HDR  the sky engineer also confirmed this when he installed it unless I was mistaken (he diddnt have the other type on the van.) Any help would be appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: How do I find out if my sky box is UHD and HDR ready?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HRGiger 

Yes, compatible. 

IMG_2350.png

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
HRGiger
Topic Author

Thanks for clearing that up. how then can I make Sky understand that I have a compatible box? They keep telling me that it is not compatible and I have to pay £99 to have a new one installed.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@HRGiger 

The image above is from Skys website 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

Sky customer since 2001
HRGiger
Topic Author

But when I call them to get a HDR subscription they insist my sky box is incompatible.

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @HRGiger   There is no such thing as a HDR subscription. You just need UHD.

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@HRGiger wrote:

But when I call them to get a HDR subscription they insist my sky box is incompatible.

There is no subscription for HDR. 

There is a UHD add-on for Sky Q and HDR comes as part of that. 

If you have UHD already then all you need to do is make sure the box is set to output 2160P 10bit on the video output settings, then you will be able to download the UHD HDR versions of on demand content and will be able to see any of the live sport broadcast in UHD HDR on the appropriate channel. 

HRGiger
Topic Author

Sorry that's what I meant, how can I get a UHD subscription if they keep saying I don't have the correct box?

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@HRGiger wrote:

Sorry that's what I meant, how can I get a UHD subscription if they keep saying I don't have the correct box?

Unfortunately you'll need to ring Sky and try to convince them. Write down the serial number of the box you have and inform them that you have checked everything and can categorically confirm that their information is wrong. 

HRGiger
Topic Author

'Jones the cat'   excellent user name!

I do t have a UHD subscription as tmSky say my box is incompatible, yet the hardware version says it is.. that's the problem.

HRGiger
Topic Author

@Jones_The_Cat 

I'll try that but unfortunately due to language differences I can't seem to make them understand.. very frustrating. I'll keep calling until I get through to a British call centre. Simply because of the language barrier, it seems that what comes up on their information screen is all they can really believe. 

HRGiger
Topic Author

Is there any way I can get to talk to one of the Scottish call centre's?

@HRGiger wrote:

Is there any way I can get to talk to one of the Scottish call centre's?

@HRGiger 

You take your chances. All calls go to the next available agent no matter where they are based. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@HRGiger wrote:

@Jones_The_Cat 

I'll try that but unfortunately due to language differences I can't seem to make them understand.. very frustrating. I'll keep calling until I get through to a British call centre. Simply because of the language barrier, it seems that what comes up on their information screen is all they can really believe. 

hi @HRGiger 

As you previously mention a HDR  subscription here I suggest you make sure that you do not reference HDR when trying to take out the UHD add on just quote UHD - it may not make a difference but makes sure they don;t get confused

BTW you mention they said you need a 2TB box which is not correct  - the 32b2xx boxes are UHD (& HDR) capable and come in both 1TB & 2TB variants 

HRGiger
Topic Author

Thanks for that info I will now keep trying and post here if I get anywhere with it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion