Discussion topic: Error - "The content you have selected cannot be played on this device".

This message was authored by edake1 This message was authored by: edake1

Error - "The content you have selected cannot be played on this device".

Sky Q  mini box shows error when trying to watch one particular Sky Max recording "Funny Woman".

Error says - "The content you have selected cannot be played on this device".

I can play it OK on main Sky Q box. Other Sky Max recordings play OK on the mini box.

I have reset the modem and both the main and mini Sky boxes. Same software on both boxes which is the latest version.

Any ideas?

Best Answers
edake1
Topic Author
This message was authored by edake1 This message was authored by: edake1 Answer

Re: Error - "The content you have selected cannot be played on this device".

Problem solved. Another thrad has suggested that the recording is in UHD and appantely mini boxes do not play UHD. I would have thought that if you paid for UHD you should be able to watch on both boxes.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

edake1
Topic Author
This message was authored by edake1 This message was authored by: edake1 Answer

Problem solved. Another thrad has suggested that the recording is in UHD and appantely mini boxes do not play UHD. I would have thought that if you paid for UHD you should be able to watch on both boxes.

This message was authored by KW4675 This message was authored by: KW4675

The problem of UHD programs not be played on the Sky Mini Box is easily solved, once you have selected the programme you wish to watch select All formats and then select Standard definition and the program will be downloaded in SD you can then watch the content on you Mini Box. 😄

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion