Discussion topic: Visa Secure issue

This message was authored by DarrenS379 This message was authored by: DarrenS379

Re: Visa Secure issue

I've had the same issue twice now - saturday and today and coop fixed it again, today.  The helpful coop agent siad its a sky/visa issue for OTP issue via text so moved it to be an email issue - that sounds believable but not holding out it will not happen agian 

This message was authored by BigEyes This message was authored by: BigEyes

Dies anyone from SKY read, investigate or answer these questions on here?

This message was authored by jennisdaddy This message was authored by: jennisdaddy

I have been told by my bank that the issue is with Sky.  For some reason the text does not get sent for Sky and O2 mobile customers. Is there an answer to this issue? Maybe a fix?

This message was authored by James0072 This message was authored by: James0072

I re-registered for visa secure with my bank and that worked. 

This message was authored by JulieRex This message was authored by: JulieRex

I am having the exact same issues and it's driving me mad! I'm also with the co-op bank. They said it's Sky, Sky says it's not!

I can't pay any bills online or make any purchases.

Sky told me I'm the only person to call them with this issue which is clearly not the case.My payment just get instantly declined, no option to verify!!

This message was authored by DarrenS379 This message was authored by: DarrenS379

Since coop moved my method for visa to email notifications I've had no issues ... but of a pain going to email than text but it works fine... coop sorts that for me over the phone so maybe ask to move to email notifications 

Since coop moved me to email notifications it's worked fine .. coop did this over the phone, it was actually a really helpful agent that told me. Ring and ask for it - it works a treat 

The reason you are the only one to call them is because it's nightmare getting a number to ring and then someone to answer. 

I actually got through to them yesterday and they admitted the fault is with them. 

Well done, did they say what they were doing to sort it? 

They've put a ticket on my account about it , then casually said my bill is going up again next month 😅

They are looking into it ... we will see!!

This message was authored by jennisdaddy This message was authored by: jennisdaddy

Yes, workaround with my bank (coop) was to change to email notifications, which is not as quick as text messages coming through.  Good that someone from Sky has said its an issue with Sky but would be good to know when it might be sorted.

This message was authored by KJ74 This message was authored by: KJ74

I've had this ssue today. I'm also with coop bank. They thought that I had changed provider but I've been with Sky for years and no new Sim. They said the issue is with SKY. They have reset my visa secure password and told me to wait 72 hours. We'll see.

As above get them (coop) to change the visa  challenge to email 

This message was authored by Francis+68 This message was authored by: Francis+68

We have the same problem, same bank, I use my laptop for making most payments so I can actually see the visa secure thing. Its the wifi/broadband connection that's causing the problem, or so we think. Spent over 50 minutes on hold to the bank only to be told it want their problem. Contacted sky and all that could be suggested is that we use a different provider for making payments. 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion