Discussion topic: Unable to use mobile data

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Andy149 This message was authored by: Andy149

Re: Unable to use mobile data

After 6 days of no mobile data I discovered that all the fields in my APN settings were blank. I found APN setting info for Sky on the internet and used them to fill in a new APN and it worked! Got 4G back. I'm not saying it'll last, but it's ok at the moment....
This message was authored by Jo1970 This message was authored by: Jo1970

@Andy149 thank you for your help. Not sure I have seen your suggestion from a Sky staff member! Followed your suggestion & I now have 4g. Can't receive texts yet but better service than the past 2 weeks! 👏😊

This message was authored by KimAdams16 This message was authored by: KimAdams16

Since sky went down 11.04.24 cannot receive text messges

Sky went down 11th April 24. Since it has come back I cannot receive text messages?  I've called Sky 6 times and nothing has resolved this.  All they say is they have esclated it.

I have replaced my sim card, I have reset network settings (multiple times) I've put it on airoplane mode and off again and turned it off and on.

Sky have told me to reset network, turn it on, then airoplane mode on and off and then turn phone off for 5 minutes.

Not receiving texts doesn't seem like a massive issue, but its restricting me making purchases as cannot get authorisation codes. I can't talk to my elderly relatives that text and cant login to my doctors, nhs app or hmrc as cannot receive these.  Has anyone got any advice? If not I'm going to have to switch providers again.

Thank you

This message was authored by Andy149 This message was authored by: Andy149

No mobile data - possible fix

After 6 days of no mobile data coverage I managed to get it back last night. I noticed that all of the fields for my APN information were blank. I found the settings to fill in those fields from the internet - best APN data for Sky mobile - and used those. Initially I got data back but lost mobile signal. I refilled the fields and it all came back. Still working today, 18th.
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello everyone,

We're looking to investigate examples of Mobile Data not working, being unable to make and receive calls and/or unable to send or receive texts since our issues with Sky Mobile from Thursday 11th April.

We do believe the majority of issues are resolved but want to investigate the examples you are sharing with us on the Community on a case by case basis. Before we ask for your examples to be submitted to our secure form, we must cover some basic troubleshooting that I ask you complete first.

1. If you are new to Sky Mobile and haven’t already, sign in to activate your SIM online. Got an eSIM? You'll also need to install your eSIM on your device, if you haven't already done this.
  2. Switch your phone off and on again. Sometimes this really does work.
  3. Check for any network problems or planned maintenance work in your area with our Service Status checker. If there's a problem, you can request text updates. We'll then let you know when it's fixed.
  4. Double check you’ve inserted the right size SIM card for your phone and in the right way. Our Device Support has instructions if you need some help.
  5. Seeing an on-screen message like, 'SIM not supported' or 'Enter unlock PIN/code'? Then you might need to get your phone unlocked for it to work on the Sky network. All Sky Mobile devices come already unlocked.
  6. Make sure airplane/flight mode isn't switched on.
  7. Check your phone is running the latest software. For help with this, go to Device Support and search for ‘update software’.
  8. Consider trying your SIM in another device, does this work? If so, your handset could be the issue.

If you have completed these to the best of your ability and are still having issues, please fill out our secure form here: closed

Please provide as clear and concise examples as possible so our support teams can investigate each report individually.

Thank you!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by JasonDe This message was authored by: JasonDe

I have an iPhone 15 that is eSIM compatible, but has never had the eSIM activated. Are saying something has changed and now we need to use eSIMs? 

This message was authored by Wim1 This message was authored by: Wim1

My husband and daughter can use sky data. I still can't. I had an update saying by 8pm last night. Then another saying allow another 48 hours. It stated mast issues in my area! I do not believe this at all! I have travelled out of area and still no data. I have a signal for 4g. I tried the VPN settings but sky say it can't be sent at this time. How do I speak to a human to complain?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wim1 

Have a read through the post above currently marked as the answer.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Wim1 This message was authored by: Wim1

Does this mean there is an issue with the sim? 

How do I know if I have an esim?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wim1 wrote:

How do I know if I have an esim?

If you use a physical sim in your phone only then you do not have an esim.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Torden This message was authored by: Torden

Poor Internet service.

When out of WiFi signal I get little or no Internet, 4g and 5g don't register. I have been through the useless app which as ever said it could not help. I can't even access WhatsApp. I have binned all other social media as I can't use the Internet outside my house. Worst service I have had and you haven't tried to help in the last 2 years. Can't access the app can't speak to anyone it's a joke. Cancel my contract today if you can't provide a service. Also I was promised 18 months free sky mobile and 6 months sky cinema which I am still waiting for.
This message was authored by Christipops This message was authored by: Christipops

Today I spoke to someone in the UK only because I said i wanted to cancel my sim contract.  This put me through to the cancellation  team As a result he could see that the 2nd sim I received today 2nd this week would allow data out but not allow me to receive data he was baffled. It now has been passed over to th network escalation team what ever that is . If I get no joy from them I will be allowed to cancel my contract without penalty and transfer to another provider

This message was authored by Anne+Marie+F This message was authored by: Anne+Marie+F

Unable to make calls for 4 days 19/04/2024

I have followed all advice, spoke to sky two days ago he said it's ok will be sorted in 24hrs. I have an interview today with no working phone for directions etc. Area status is now green and fixed, 

This message was authored by Anne+Marie+F This message was authored by: Anne+Marie+F

Re: No mobile data - possible fix

Can I please have the settings to try this? Thanks 

This message was authored by Shara2719 This message was authored by: Shara2719

This has been going on almost a week where i cnat make or receive calls! Same for my wife and 2 kids on of which has autism and im unable to contact him while immat work so ive had to take time off because of this!  weve spoken to sky several times ald told it would  be past to a team and we will be contacted... we havng heard Nothing back from

sky and its totally unacceptable! I will be calling again to cancel!! 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion