Discussion topic: SOS phone signal abroad

This message was authored by Src91 This message was authored by: Src91

Re: SOS phone signal abroad

@caesarome 

She's there until Monday but is a bit worried about being there with no phone in case she gets separated from her friend, I've said just to get a prepaid local SIM (assuming phones are all unlocked these days), had tried calling Sky but got nowhere over two calls 

Thanks

Lucy66
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lucy66 This message was authored by: Lucy66

Re: iPhone 14 Pro not connecting abroad

@Src91  
Unfortunatley, even with my limited experience of this frustrating service, it seems there's absolutely nothing that can be done. The best advice I was given, take the SIM card out and try it in another device!!! Seems this is a theme with Sky customers at present. Over 2 days with no ability to use the phone is not okay. I hope your wife is okay and I empathise with her frustration. If she's there for a longer period, maybe purchasing a SIM card would offer her some support & safety netting. Sadly, Sky doesn't offer much guidance.......wish you luck with the resolution. 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @EddW and @Lucy66.

Any chance of doing the same for me?

This message was authored by Bryan732 This message was authored by: Bryan732

Re: SOS phone signal abroad in USA

Hi I'm in NYC for the weekend, with two sons on sky network, one whose phone is connected to AT&T network , one who is not connected and only SOS signal 

I've tried rebooting and airplane mode

and settings are identical 

can you please escalate for mobile number on my account 

thanks 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Src91 wrote:

Any chance of doing the same for me?

@Src91 

Is your wife's wife phone n your account so that you are the account holder ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Hi, it is yes (one of three£

Lucy66
Topic Author

Thank you @Addie15 @for adding me. Unfortunately, the private message service has an error after I typed an extensive response! I really cannot be bothered to discuss this anymore, I will raise with teams when I get home. I will be requesting this service is fully investigated, I think it's utterly disgraceful how many people are experiencing such an issue. 
Regards,

Lucy

This message was authored by Jonathan+Dowson This message was authored by: Jonathan+Dowson

I have the same problem in Florida. Was fine last night and now today it's showing sos and I can't make any calls. 

This message was authored by F4FYN This message was authored by: F4FYN

Hello. Same issue in chicago... fine for 2 days... then dissapeared this morning for both me and the Mrs both on Sky I am on Samsung..... tried all fixes... nothing - I had to pay extra for a hire cat sat nav and if anything had happened whilst driving my car....... I would have been stranded with no phone available...... Dangerous amd not good enough. The Mrs has an I phone, several home/abroad/home/abroad switches fixed the problem. ....at least we have 1 phone between us now!
Lucy66
Topic Author

@F4FYN 

really isn't good enough, is it?

I think we should get a full thread going here, I can then take this back to Sky/Ofcom for investigation when im

back. Day 3 with absolutely nothing! I will be cancelling by direct debit for my Sky TV & Mobile accounts. I'm furious that so many people are struggling with zero support. 

This message was authored by EddW This message was authored by: EddW

I have now returned to the U.K. and am at Heathrow. My phone is still ill not working, it still hasn't  found the network. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@EddW 

Try this:

Apple:
Settings > Mobile Data > SIM Applications > Change to Home

Android:
Sky Menu App or SIM toolkit > Roaming > Change to Home

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Lucy66 wrote:

@F4FYN 

really isn't good enough, is it?

I think we should get a full thread going here, I can then take this back to Sky/Ofcom for investigation when im

back. 

I seriously doubt Ofcom will get involved: they rarely do so for individual UK phone issues, let alone face the complexity where overseas networks are involved.  It should be noted that any mobile coverage/service, even in country of origin, is never actually guaranteed: we've just got so used to it being there.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by EddW This message was authored by: EddW

Thanks Caesarome, that did the trick, kicked 5G in then it's gone back to auto. I wonder if this could be a fix for those that are still in the US if they select Abroad?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion