Discussion topic: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

This message was authored by MazzaBazza This message was authored by: MazzaBazza

Re: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

I have had the same issue in Gran Canaria, Orange network connected once during our stay. Unfortunately, this meant I was not able to use my credit card for purchases as I couldn't receive the OTP and then one of our pets was badly injured and we couldn't be contacted if we were not connected to Wi-Fi. It was extremely stressful trying to speak to our friend who needed our assistance to get help for our animal that had a fractured pelvis. It's really important to have the connection to home. Please fix this before someone has a serious medical issue and can't contact family. 

This message was authored by Debi340 This message was authored by: Debi340

I injured myself on the Camino, if I hadn't had friends around it could have been really probamatic for me without being able to use my phone.   Sky needs to step up and fix this problem, before someone has a really serious problem.  

This message was authored by dxxxxxxx This message was authored by: dxxxxxxx

Re: No signal whilst abroad Spain

I've now been in Spain 5 days and still have no signal. Are sky looking at this issue?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dxxxxxxx wrote:

Are sky looking at this issue?

They are but as you have discovered the issue is ongoing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by EmilyN2 This message was authored by: EmilyN2

Hi

My husband is having the exact same issue! It's been happening for over a week! 
iv tried to contact customer services and they transferred me to a number that didn't exist anymore!

This message was authored by SB8 This message was authored by: SB8

I had similar problem in Spain 21st to 25th Sept. 

On Automated Network setting it was not sticking to a network. It seem to find a network temporarily but then dropped off after about 1 sec.

Sometimes I was able to manually select the network to connect to.

This message was authored by skywatcher1971 This message was authored by: skywatcher1971

So here I am in Girona with no signal outside my accommodation's WiFi range. 
I connected to Orange for an hour or so, but that's it. 
All settings for roaming on the phone are correct. 
Any resolution to this issue yet please?

This message was authored by skywatcher1971 This message was authored by: skywatcher1971

Where is the update promised on this by Sky?

This message was authored by Novdjok This message was authored by: Novdjok

I have just arrived abroad in Lanzarote, and my roaming is also not working. I have tried all of the recommendations, but nothing seems to work. My phone finds the networks but none of them work.  Could you look in to this for me as well please? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Novdjok wrote:

Could you look in to this for me as well please? 

@Novdjok 
In case you’re not aware, this is a customer helps customer forum. You aren’t talking to Sky Customer Services here but as the thread suggests this is being investigated by Sky.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I have advised the support teams the roaming is still not working. If you haven't done so already can you advise on the location you are having issues? I will send all the data to the team to continue investigations. Once they have an update I will post on this thread. 

Thanks 

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by Debi340 This message was authored by: Debi340

I have still not heard back from Sky, although they promised to ring back on the 29th of September.  I was without any data or could not make calls whilst I was in Spain for 10 days.  I would now like compensation, especially as I was injured whilst out there and without support of friends phones could have been left in a serious position.  It is not good enough Sky to  promised that you would ring back, not once but three times,  and yet nothing!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Debi340 

You will need to call Sky to discuss the possibility of any compensation/credit. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Flinttas This message was authored by: Flinttas

Same with me no network access. Landed in Fuerteventura a few days ago, network connected, sky charged me £2 then network connection stopped working. Phone kept over heating as it tried to find a network that it could connect to. Kept saying something about refreshing sim data. To no avail and now it says emergency only calls. It also couldn't get the correct time as it seemed to be trying to suggest I was in Spain, Madrid, so I had to manually adjust to Canary islands!

When I get home I am going to look at moving to another network provider.

This message was authored by aberdeensheep21 This message was authored by: aberdeensheep21

Refreshing SIM data & not connecting to any networks

abroad and phone, Samsung a53 constantly saying refreshing SIM data and tried to connect manually to network amd getting message saying SIM won't allow?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion