Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Madingley This message was authored by: Madingley

Re: OTP not being sent

@Daniel-F 

This is a very serious issue, and Sky have let down a lot of people over an unacceptable length of time. Sky have not been transparent and honest in keeping its much valued??? Customers informed of the cause of the fault, and what arecthey doing to rectify it, and equally important, appease their customer base.

How do I find out if I am in contract with my SIM only contract please?

This message was authored by Max+graham This message was authored by: Max+graham

Phone sky mobile  and ask for cancellation team they'll tell you 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Madingley  Si m contracts are 12 month minimum term, you should have an email from when you ordered the sim?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Kerry_C This message was authored by: Kerry_C

Just retried, still no code. 
Think the only solution is to move from sky mobile to another provider. 

This message was authored by JonB3 This message was authored by: JonB3

This is also a problem on my Co-op Bank online payments for both debit and credit card.  The bank has had to set my OTP to be sent by email instead of SMS.  The bank tells me this is only a problem on Sky mobile and EE.  So it must be a technical fault at Sky mobile.  You need to sort this out and stop blaming other service providers.

This message was authored by Mrstiddy This message was authored by: Mrstiddy

@Daniel-F  
still not working . Even my bank has told me to leave as it been going on for so long .

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daniel-F wrote:

Please retry requesting an OTP from the relevant business you are requesting this from and if it is still not working, fill in the following link here: https://forms.office.com/e/dUU97GjGSU

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by MON This message was authored by: MON

Has anyone from sky actually come out and confirmed what is wrong? Personally I'm out of contract and have ordered sims with another provider. I'll be cancelling the 3 mobile packages I have with them

I spoke to Sky Mobile this morning. Not that helpful. Blaming O2, but no real clarity as to what we can expect. I told them about Sky Community and how many people are furious about the situation, but very non-committal.

I'm going to switch my OTP email address on Tuesday when I can get through to the bank. Until then.... who knows???

This message was authored by Hotspur+Vik This message was authored by: Hotspur+Vik

My problem with receiving OTP messages from Santander was finally resolved yesterday. I phoned Santander on Monday, spoke to the digital team and they said they would relay this to Sky Mobile and call back within 48 hours. I received a voicemail on Wednesday to say it was fixed and I should call back to revert my delivery method from email to SMS. I called back on Thursday and while I was on hold for nearly 45 minutes being told it was NOT fixed eventually another team confirmed it was, and a couple of hours later I found I could receive an OTP by SMS again. Fingers crossed this was not a one-off.

This message was authored by HP7890 This message was authored by: HP7890

Anyone else not got this sorted?

I was trying to set up mobile banking - has anyone else been doing this as this is when my OTP's stopped

This message was authored by ClareHunt78 This message was authored by: ClareHunt78

I still am having this issue, no OTP from Santander since 28th March so no access to my online banking which is incredibly stressful

This message was authored by djb59 This message was authored by: djb59

UPDATE:Sky were no help but Santander changed my OTP notifications to email and everything works fine now.   They told me they're getting lots of calls from Sky Mobile customers with the same problem.   I'm just waiting for my contracts to end so I can switch to another provider

@djb59

That's what I plan to do first thing Tuesday, and I won't be using my Sky email address to do it either!

Can anyone out there tell me if I change my mobile provider sim only, will my mobile address numbers be copied over?

Also, any good suggestions of sim only provider would be most welcome!

Crazy times. I can't b elieve just how time consuming this whole situation has been, and how many messages the subject has evoked. I guess this is all tip of the iceberg compared to the actual number of customers have been affected.

This message was authored by ENBar This message was authored by: ENBar

10 days since first experiencing this issue and it remains unresloved.  I cannot access my online banking or mobile banking without the OTP code.   

Shambolic from Sky, but not unexpected. I never have a postive experience when dealing with them. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion