Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Lee872 This message was authored by: Lee872

Re: OTP not being sent

How long is this going to take? Been trying since 6 this morning

This message was authored by Madingley This message was authored by: Madingley

Sky said to allow 4  to 5 working days. So scrub round Friday and Monday = NEXT Thursday or Friday!

This message was authored by MarkPr This message was authored by: MarkPr

Still no OTP text messages now can't access Santander Bank or other card this is very dissapointing and stressful for us all Santander say codes being sent but never arrive on phone.

Any help appreciated tried taking sim out no luck 

This message was authored by LisaCroson72 This message was authored by: LisaCroson72

OTP not being received

I restored my network settings, but still not receiving OTP's for banking Apps!! This is a big problem!! 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: OTP not being received

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LisaCroson72 

Your post has been moved into a thread discussing the current issue with OTP's.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lucy21 This message was authored by: Lucy21

I still can't receive OTPs - getting a big problem now as can't access my Santander bank still - have tried removing sim but makes no difference- when will this be sorted? 

This message was authored by Jasywassy This message was authored by: Jasywassy

Don't forget folks you can ask your bank to change your OTP method from text to email. At least then you can get logged in whilst Sky sort out the issue backlog.

This message was authored by Mrstiddy This message was authored by: Mrstiddy

started off, not receiving OTP after being lied to by many many advisors. I was told a new Sim card but to solve this problem which they ordered me which never arrived twice. Finally got a new SIM card Yesterday before I fitted the new Sim card, I use my phone and received telephone calls with no issues. However, once I put the Sim card in activated it the correct way . I can't make or receive any telephone calls again sky advises have been a waste of time I'm disabled and I've been left without phone was going to give me a call back last night on my son's phone did say before I put the phone down I won't hold breath. Good job I didn't Can anyone help please 

This message was authored by ericwhite This message was authored by: ericwhite

but you cannot use the Email OPT to make a payment.

This message was authored by atc This message was authored by: atc

@Mrstiddy

What a mess! If you can't phone but have internet access you could try their "X" (Twitter) facility.

Ultimately it's only Sky that can help and most people on here are Sky customers not employees.

This message was authored by walkingsi This message was authored by: walkingsi

Been about 3 weeks not being able to get on my Capital One credit card app but tried it again this morning and got an otp straight away. Changed the settings so I now log on using fingerprint verification in case it all wrong again. Also managed to make a payment using my Co op bank visa debit card but was not prompted to do visa verification so not sure if that's working or not?

This message was authored by JohnW102 This message was authored by: JohnW102

Bit the bullet was out of contract, so transferred to GiffGaff who my wife has been on for years with no problems, used the eSim option was changed over (keeping number) in just over 3 hours was then able to contact my bank by OTP no problem.

This message was authored by Steven68 This message was authored by: Steven68

Today I can't get text passcode from NS&I.  I have contacted NS&I and they confirm it's a issue with Sky mobile. Please sort it out. Thank you

This message was authored by DH29 This message was authored by: DH29

I cannot believe the magnitude of this problem which must also include Sky and Santander employees yet nothing is being done and no communications are being made which is leaving me highly frustrated.

Do I change bank or phone.  I think I will now open an account elsewhere for back up at least.  Phone, it would be sod's law to find that the new provider is in someway related to Sky to give me the same problem.

I am lucky enough to have a santander branch not that far away - 20mins (bearing in mind they have closed most) although I am having to line up in the busy queue and then recount the same story after being told I should use internet banking ! grhhhhhhhhh

I note Administrator's comments but I would like to hear from SKY as regards what they are doing with this problem affecting thousands of people.  Should hit the media if this carrys on much longer !

This message was authored by Mrstiddy This message was authored by: Mrstiddy

I rang at the start of march regarding OTP not being received . I've been lied to by agent after agent telling me to send my new Sim cards because this will serve the issue a ring up to find out where the Sim cards are to be told if not even sent them out so they'll send them out now still no Sim card arrived phone call again got finally got new Sim card Use my phone yesterday morning to both ring and receive calls. Put the new Sim card in activated it now I can't make phone calls or receive phone calls after new phone calls to sky. It's getting beyond a joke they're telling me I can get £15 compensation. It's cost me that more in late payment fees for not being able to pay the things on time  (removed)

Moderator note: Removed campaigning.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion