Discussion topic: install sky go black screen

This message was authored by PaulyD This message was authored by: PaulyD

install sky go black screen

pc updated

re installed sky go from sky website

now just a black screen once it loads up

HELP

Best Answers
This message was authored by gregt6600 This message was authored by: gregt6600 Answer

Re: install sky go black screen

Hi there  @PaulyD 

I had this problem for ages, but good news is I got it sorted.

I had another problem and took my Asus laptop to get fixed. I mentioned the black screen, and after an investigation that involved shutting down the background utility programmes one by one, it turned out that MyAsus was causing the problem.

changed the settings to stop them automatically starting up, and the problem is solved. Took somebody with proper knowledge about 5 mins to sort it out. Hope this helps. Greg

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PaulyD 

When the blank screen loads up try putting your cursor on one of the corners of it and then try dragging it to make it bigger to see if that then loads up Sky Go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by gregt6600 This message was authored by: gregt6600 Answer

Hi there  @PaulyD 

I had this problem for ages, but good news is I got it sorted.

I had another problem and took my Asus laptop to get fixed. I mentioned the black screen, and after an investigation that involved shutting down the background utility programmes one by one, it turned out that MyAsus was causing the problem.

changed the settings to stop them automatically starting up, and the problem is solved. Took somebody with proper knowledge about 5 mins to sort it out. Hope this helps. Greg

PaulyD
Topic Author
This message was authored by PaulyD This message was authored by: PaulyD

Got No tech knowledge Unfortunately 

And Not Paying a PC repair centre to sort it out.

This is on @Sky to sort it

It seems that loads of people have had similar issues

But had links from sky and been picked up

Thanks for your take tho

This message was authored by gregt6600 This message was authored by: gregt6600

I understand your annoyance at Sky, and agree that they need to sort it out @PauleyD

Just for clarity though, the repair guy didnt want to charge me at all, it took him about 5 minutes. I insisted on paying so I gave him £10, which he popped into a charity box on the counter.

I have been going through community stuff for about 6 months and couldnt get a solution, and certainly would have no confidance in Sky sorting it out. I think its worh £10

BTW, if you are having a shout at Sky, ask them why I cant download SkyGo to my Firestick to play directly on a TV, but you can download it onto an Apple TV device to do just that!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion