Discussion topic: hide unsubscribed channels sky go

This message was authored by fp30 This message was authored by: fp30

hide unsubscribed channels sky go

How do I hide channels I've not subscribed to from the channel list in the Sky Go app?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: hide unsubscribed channels sky go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fp30 

There's typically no way to do so on a Sky platform: it's in their own interest to show users what they could get if they spent more money.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
fp30
Topic Author

I thought that might be the case. Shocking really. Don't they realise it's also in their best interest to give the customer the best possible user experience? Really backward mentality. At the very least it should grey out the channels that you're not subscribed to so it's more obvious. As it stands it's just an awful user experience. Rather than making me want more channels its putting me off Sky.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@fp30 

I'd suggest no-one thinks Go is a particularly good product at the moment, certainly when compared with other brand names: as I just posted in another thread in this forum it's very much a legacy 'free' add-on rather than a modern stand-alone streaming app.  Hopefully there will be news emerging from Sky at some point regarding this.

fp30
Topic Author

Nice try. But choosing not to allow hiding or even greying out of these channels is a very deliberate decision. It only serves to highlight their philosophy which prioritises advertising over customer experience. I would not hold much hope for a company with such a philosophy!

Thanks for answering my question

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

It's not possible to hide unsubscribed channels on any of the Sky satellite boxes or Stream/Glass , so I doubt they'd add it only to Sky Go.

@fp30 wrote:

But choosing not to allow hiding or even greying out of these channels is a very deliberate decision. 

Yes, it is.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion