Discussion topic: Using Sky Go in Crete

This message was authored by Sharon+Williams This message was authored by: Sharon+Williams

Using Sky Go in Crete

Hello. I've looked at the other posts on here relating to using Sky Go in the EU, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question, so I'm hoping that someone here can help me please.

I'm off to Crete tomorrow for a few days and want to know if I can use Sky Go on my laptop to watch a few films on Sky Cinema, either by streaming or downloading them when I arrive? Same question regarding content on Sky Witness and Sky Atlantic - can I watch and/or download shows once I'm there?

Thanks in advance! 🤗

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Using Sky Go in Crete

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you are Ireland based then yes you should be able to do this.

If you are based anywhere else in the UK then you would need top download the content before you go and when you go to watch them make sure the device is either in flight mode or the internet connection is turned off as it might return an error should the app detect it is not in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

If you are Ireland based then yes you should be able to do this.

If you are based anywhere else in the UK then you would need top download the content before you go and when you go to watch them make sure the device is either in flight mode or the internet connection is turned off as it might return an error should the app detect it is not in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Sharon+Williams 

UK Sky subscription:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/viewing-sky-content-in-the-eu-faqs 

RoI Sky subscription:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/viewing-sky-content-in-the-eu-faqs-roi 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion