Discussion topic: Sky go Apple Tv

This message was authored by BarryQ1980 This message was authored by: BarryQ1980

Sky go Apple Tv

I have signed up to Full sky package including multi room. My sky satellite dish won't be installed until after Christmas. I was told by the sky store that over Christmas I could use sky go through Apple TV to watch everything until my box was installed. However when I login with Apple TV it says I need full home or multi room subscription and then closes app. This is very frustrating as I signed up on the condition I could use it over Christmas! Any suggestions on why this is happening?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go Apple Tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What you was told was correct, as a new customer who is awaiting instaltion you can usually use everything Sky Go has to offer, all I can suggest is that you give Sky a call to see if they know why you can't get it working.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
BarryQ1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by BarryQ1980 This message was authored by: BarryQ1980

It is working on iPad and iPhone just not Apple TV despite having multiroom. Can anyone from sky help me with this

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As stated above you will need to call Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@BarryQ1980 

Sky Go on Apple TV hardware is recent enough that such things may not have been fixed yet: I can imagine it's certainly possible that the additional subscription required for Go use on that particular hardware glitches where the actual Sky domestic installation hasn't yet completed.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by FinesseFanatic This message was authored by: FinesseFanatic

If you sign out on iPhone and sign in again it should ask you to set up a security question and then you should be able to sign in on Apple TV. Also you may only be able to have 3 devices signed in at one time. Not sure. Hope this helps

This message was authored by OllieTans This message was authored by: OllieTans

I am having same issue as the OP

services not installed until 23rd but can't use sky go on Apple TV as says I need whole home or multi screen

i ordered sky q multiscreen

sky go works fine on iPhone and iPad though but would rather watch on Apple TV

is there anything I need to do to get it to work ?

BarryQ1980
Topic Author

Yes for clarification it turns out you can use sky go until installation but can't use Apple TV even if you are subscribing to multiroom until install has happened. Once my install happened and card activated Apple TV worked.

This message was authored by F1Jon97 This message was authored by: F1Jon97

I signed up again with Sky in January and got Sky Q.  I had the same issue and after speaking with Sky a couple of times we came to the conclusion that Sky Go on Apple TV would not be enabled until Sky Q had been installed and activated.  Thats exactly what happend so as soon as the engineer left I was able to log into Sky Go on Apple TV and everything worked.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Interesting I'm guessing it's due to a back end with multiroom that a intial tickbox has to be made saying it's installed before it will allow it to work. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion