Discussion topic: Sky and apple tv

This message was authored by Duncbye This message was authored by: Duncbye

Sky and apple tv

I purchased sky and an Apple TV box after speaking with a representative around how I was able to use sky go through my tv, even though I don't have a satellite installed. We purchased sky recently after building a new home and ideally were trying to avoid having a satellite on the house altogether. We also have great tvs so didn't want sky glass. I've just setup Apple TV and it's saying that I need sky glass or multi room to allow me to watch sky go app through Apple TV. This is frustrating as this was not communicated. Am I right in saying that if i upgrade to multi room/ even though I do not currently have a sky box (sky q or additional box) or satellite at all? What's the next steps to get up and running (ideally without sky dish). 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky and apple tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To use Sky Go via Apple TV you do have to have a multiscreen subscripition as you have said so this means you have to be a Sky TV customer. You can also be a Sky Stream or Sky Glass customer if you don't want a Sky Q box but instead of a multiscreen sub you would need the Whole Home package.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky and apple tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Duncbye 

I'd observe that's a very rare use case, and the 'representative' may well not have understood what you are trying to achieve.  Go has never been intended as a standalone subscription product: it's frankly not good enough for that in its current incarnation as a ('free') legacy add-on (effectively a bonus feature) to a hardware Sky television platform 

Yes, you'll need either Multiscreen (for Sky Q) or Whole Home (for Glass/Stream) on top of a Signature or Ultimate Television subscription to use Go on Apple TV hardware.

I also don't understand how you are going to maintain a Sky Q subscription while refusing a satellite dish installation: that would typically cause your contract to be automatically cancelled after a couple of 'failed' installer visits.  Signing up to the Sky Stream product would make much more sense in your situation because there's no requirement to purchase a Glass TV and you don't have to use the Stream box as your television output device if you really don't want to (although it might surprise you).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion