Discussion topic: Sky Go on Mac Catalina freezes on Start up

This message was authored by KevBarker This message was authored by: KevBarker

Sky Go on Mac Catalina freezes on Start up

Sky Go used to work perfectly on my Mac running Catalina but late last year stopped working. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times but end up with the same effect in that the App starts, checks for updates then freezes on the blue screen with the white play triangle.

It would seem that many people have this same issue with various version of OSX but none with any resolution. Sky Go works fine on my iPhone X and my son's games console.

Any positive help would be appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by digglerthelegend This message was authored by: digglerthelegend

Re: Sky Go on Mac Catalina freezes on Start up

Someone else suggested this:

1. Delete Sky Go app from applications folder AND trash.

2. Open Finder then Go from top menu bar

3. Copy and paste one of these libraries and carefully seach for any Sky Go files or folders and delete them (then delete trash) :

~/Library/Preferences/

~/Library/Application Support

~/Library/Caches/

~/Library/Logs/

~/Library/LaunchAgents

~/Library/Cookies

~/Library/Group Containers

4. Then repeat with the next library and so on until all are searched.

5. Delete Trash.

6. Reinstall Sky Go for Mac from sky.com

7. Launch app

8. Sign in

9. Bingo!

This has worked for quite a few of us with MacOS

This message was authored by KevBarker This message was authored by: KevBarker

Re: Sky Go on Mac Catalina freezes on Start up

Thanks @digglerthelegend . I tried all that twice, the second time restarting before installing Sky Go and neither have made any difference. The App starts, checks for updates then sits there doggedly refusing to move off the Blue start screen.

I have noticed that the Sky Go app installs under Applications in my User profile rather than in the general system Applications folder. Could this be part of the problem? Can't see why it should!

Many thanks,

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion