Discussion topic: Sky Go download onto new laptop

This message was authored by CazNav This message was authored by: CazNav

Sky Go download onto new laptop

I have a brand new Lenovo laptop which was pre-installed with Windows 11 S mode, so I switched out of S mode as Sky Go does not work on Microsoft Edge as need Chrome to be able to download it but Chrome cannot be downloaded via the Microsoft store whilst in S mode.

I did this specifically to download my Sky Go App through Chrome and which I had been using sucessfully on my old Windows 10 HP Pavilion for quite some time until it recently encountered charging problems plus more, so I purchased a new laptop.

Since the Sky Go download today onto my new laptop, the Sky Go picture judders and the talking is out of sync.  I have checked the spec & everything on this laptop and it matches exactly what I had before, apart from this new one being on Windows 11 Home now.  I have played Youtube videos and even holiday videos in the SD card slot on this new laptop and everything is fine.  I have uninstalled Sky Go and downloaded it again but still the same problem.

It seems there is an issue with Sky Go on Windows 11 Home.  Can somebody please advise me as to what can be done to rectify this as I am now very disappointed as it is almost impossible to watch.

All Replies

This message was authored by ste64 This message was authored by: ste64

Re: Sky Go download onto new laptop

Have checked sky go app on my window 11 laptop and i have got the same problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion