Discussion topic: Sky Go - Upgrade your subscription.

This message was authored by carrie+2401 This message was authored by: carrie+2401

Sky Go - Upgrade your subscription.

I have Sky Q multi-room and the full Sky TV package. I'm trying to watch the sports channel on Sky go, however every time I try I get an error message that tells me I need to update my subscription. Works fine on the Tv just on on the Sky go app? Any ideas? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Sky Go - Upgrade your subscription.

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - We have looked into this on a private chat and foud the app was showing the incorrect subscriptions on the account.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to carrie+2401.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - We have looked into this on a private chat and foud the app was showing the incorrect subscriptions on the account.

This message was authored by RamanS This message was authored by: RamanS

I am having the same issue, how can this be resolved?

@RamanS 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent RamanS an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to RamanS, after some checks and steps, we have sent this to our Apps team who have accepted the ticket and will work on a solution ASAP. 🙂

Thanks

This message was authored by Markuk1306 This message was authored by: Markuk1306

Please help, I cannot watch Sky Sports despite having a subscription through SkyGo. It simply states please upgrade.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Markuk1306. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

This message was authored by JCJAO This message was authored by: JCJAO

Also having the same issue without any luck resolving.

Anyone get an answer to the issue or Any help available to resolve? 

thanks

This message was authored by RamanS This message was authored by: RamanS

Been around 5-6weeks since the original post. Sky staff advised me how to run through some tests, but didn't work so sent it to the app team. Problem is they don't have any dialogue with you so once it had been accepted I have to just check and hope it's been fixed. Been about 3 weeks now and still not working. 

This message was authored by Alex.54321 This message was authored by: Alex.54321

I am also having the same issue. Being asked to upgrade subscription but shown this error message for every channel. 

please can I be contacted to resolve the issue? 

Are you a new customer to Sky @Alex.54321 or has this started to happen out of the blue ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion