Discussion topic: Remote Record in Sky Go doesn't have 'record' option - sky stream

This message was authored by Salem99 This message was authored by: Salem99

Remote Record in Sky Go doesn't have 'record' option - sky stream

I've got Sky Stream and downloaded Sky Go app but when I click to remote record from my mobile, it doesn't give me a 'record' option - only 'download to phone'.  I've tried uninstalling and installing a couple of times and still don't see a record option.  Just a play button and download to phone.  Has anyone got any advice please?  thank you.

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Remote Record in Sky Go doesn't have 'record' option - sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That's correct Sky Go doesn't interact or connect to Sky Stream or Sky Glass, it only connects to a Sky Q box.

The record feature doesn't work as recording is only a feature of Sky Q, there is no recording on the Sky streaming platform.

there is certainly great demand for a Sky go based app designed for Sky Glass and Sky Stream so you can remotely manage playlists and perhaps use it as a remote control, but no app currently exists for this.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

That's correct Sky Go doesn't interact or connect to Sky Stream or Sky Glass, it only connects to a Sky Q box.

The record feature doesn't work as recording is only a feature of Sky Q, there is no recording on the Sky streaming platform.

there is certainly great demand for a Sky go based app designed for Sky Glass and Sky Stream so you can remotely manage playlists and perhaps use it as a remote control, but no app currently exists for this.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Salem99 

The Glass/Stream 'Playlist' is described here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-playlist-and-tv-guide-sky-glass 

As @MarkGoldsmith indicates, the current Go app has no ability to interact with Playlist functionality.

You'll also find that BBC channels no longer appear in the Go EPG as they did (when at home) with Q.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Salem99
Topic Author

Thank you so much, could not find this answer anywhere on Sky's pages.  Appreciate you explaining.

Salem99
Topic Author

Thank you for your message, appreciate your time.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion