Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Caniblett wrote:

and I look forward to hearing that you have reviewed your decision and have continued your support for chromebooks. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-go-app-keeps-closing-and-crashing-on-chromebook-chrome-...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Caniblett This message was authored by: Caniblett

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

I'm using an Asus Chromebook Notebook PC C433T running Google Chrome OS 98.0.4758.107 (Official build)(64-bit). 

This message was authored by Busboyelite This message was authored by: Busboyelite

Hello, I'm running 98.0.4758.107

Sky Go not working, seriously frustrating. Let's hope for a fix soon, really poor from Sky. 

This message was authored by HPreston This message was authored by: HPreston

HP Chromebook Model 14

version 98.0.4758.107 (official build) (64bit)

I'm on 98.0.4758.107 (official build)(64-bit) too. 

This message was authored by daddycool This message was authored by: daddycool

Same problem as above, so i thought I would download something and try to play it! Guess what it crashed!!!

This message was authored by nicky15 This message was authored by: nicky15

I wish Sky would make their minds up - Sky Go did work on a Chromebook, then it didn't, then it did and now apparently they are not supporting Chromebooks again. Why not? And why couldn't they warn customers?

@nicky15 wrote:

Why not? And why couldn't they warn customers?

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-go-app-keeps-closing-and-crashing-on-chromebook-chrome-...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

@caesarome you keep posting the link back to when a sky employee asked people to post up their chromebook model numbers but there hasn't been one word of communication since! Do people just continue to post up their model numbers while sky do nothing? Can't believe sky are actually giving out chromebooks as an incentive if you join them but then don't even support them. It's laughable. Sky just come out and make an announcement. Surely this is an easy fix for sky. 

Should have added model number. 
98.0.4758.107 (official build)(64-bit)

ASUS Chromebook Flip C433T Notebook PC

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

@Chloe-W22 

Hi Chloe

Do you have any updates re this issue please,as you can see there are many frustrated and unhappy customers, which I am sure will be the tip of the iceberg.

I for one am seriously considering cancelling my subscription until this matter is resolved.

Sincerely

Martin Stokes

@George+1979 wrote:

@caesarome you keep posting the link back to when a sky employee asked people to post up their chromebook model numbers but there hasn't been one word of communication since! 

I'm posting it for people who didn't see the post from Sky as we have two discussions being used for this issue but that from Sky was only posted in the one of them.

This message was authored by Embo+man This message was authored by: Embo+man

hp chromebook  , latest version of chrome 

Hi all fellow frustrated Sky Go on Chromebook users. Just had someone from sky call me who reassured me that they are working on a fix as a matter of urgency. 

This message was authored by Matts3rdchoice This message was authored by: Matts3rdchoice

Acer Cp311
version 98.0.4758.107

64 bit. ( updates say all up to date)

sky go working fine apparently up to about a week ago ( daughter uses it)

PLEASE sky get it sorted !!!!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion