Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by neilmk This message was authored by: neilmk

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Version 98.0.4758.107 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Samsung Chromebook

This message was authored by Mellys73 This message was authored by: Mellys73

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Machine = Asus C433T

ChromeOS = Version 98.0.4758.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Was working fine until early Feb 2022.

Now App starts normally but keeps crashing when starting a programme/episode.

Have tried the production version and the beta version (with reboots between) - neither work for playing anything. 

I left a message as a beta-tester about the issue, got a reply back today that the issue has been raised to the deta development team to review. 

I really hope this gets sorted as it effects me and my daughter, both using Chromebooks.

This message was authored by johnboy999 This message was authored by: johnboy999

Acer Chromebook Spin 713

Version 98.0.4758.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This message was authored by Garyj This message was authored by: Garyj

Model: HP 11a-nb (I can't enter the rest of the model number as your system is blocking it) Operating system 98.0.4758.107

This message was authored by Darwen+Keith This message was authored by: Darwen+Keith

How many customers have to complain about this before it is taken seriously I was last able to watch Sky Go app on a chromebook on 12th February. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky are already taking this seriously which is why they posted asking for the information other members are providing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

@Chloe-W22 any further update from sky on this issue. Everywhere I look online people are complaining and threatening to leave sky if not resolved. But great to get an update. Thanks

This message was authored by CheshireRed This message was authored by: CheshireRed

Re: Sky go app on Chromebook

I've encountered the same problem @shuggy1318 - press play and it just reloads the main screen?? Has there been any response other than 'Sky doesn't support chromebook'? Is there a work-around?

This message was authored by Drenwin This message was authored by: Drenwin

Had exactley the same issue with sky go since the latest update usesd all the normal work arounds and still no joy. as a  disabled person i watch sky nearly exclusively on my cromebook its now been nearly a week with no feedback. i dont feel very much like a sky VIP more like a forgotten minority 

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

Fingers crossed SKY are now looking into this issue 

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

Anyone know the latest on this issue? As anyone had any word from an official sky source to say the matter was going to be looked at? Tia

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Two days ago @George+1979 back a page in this thread was this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-go-app-keeps-closing-and-crashing-on-chromebook-chrome-...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Dmgdriving This message was authored by: Dmgdriving

My Chromebook has just done another update so now it is:

Model Number: Acer CB314 N19Q2

Version: 98.0.4758.91 (official build) (64 bit)

This message was authored by TomAsh3789 This message was authored by: TomAsh3789

I'm on Acer CB514 Chromebook, 98.0.4758.107. 

Sky Go now won't play anything. Poor.

This message was authored by Caniblett This message was authored by: Caniblett

The Sky go app no longer works on my chromebook. The chromebook is an excellent streaming device so it is really disappointing that you no longer support the app on chromebooks. I think this is a huge mistake and I look forward to hearing that you have reviewed your decision and have continued your support for chromebooks. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion