Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by Spanishreed This message was authored by: Spanishreed

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Same issue with a new Acer Chromebook since the latest Chrome auto update. I found that by rolling back to a time before the update works ok for me. Unfortunately this is only a temp fix as after a short period the machine will update itself again and the problem returns. By keeping the Chromebook in standby rather than switching off keeps any updates at bay but that defeats the better security offered by these machines, which is sad. I understand auto updates can be switched off but again it defeats the security and any future enhancements.

This message was authored by smeellyy This message was authored by: smeellyy

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

I have exactly same issue....worked fine a week ago now continually stops/crashes when you try to connect to a channel.I tried re-installing, no improvement.

This message was authored by shuggy1318 This message was authored by: shuggy1318

Re: Sky go app on Chromebook

I have been watching sky tv on the sky go app and then it just stopped playing programmes, I select a programme to watch and hit the play button and nothing it just goes back to the tv guide page, I am using an acer chromebook.

This message was authored by Shaun123 This message was authored by: Shaun123

Any fix coming soon,  Netflix, Prime and BTSport all work fine yet my most expensive content provider gives me a blank screen.

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

Another email I revived... 

Dear Mr Harrison

I see that you are unhappy about not being able to use Sky Go on your chromebook

We understand your point.  It definitely highlights the possible changes we need to make.

We value your feedback/suggestions.  This will help us improve our service.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can reply to my email.

Kind regards

Akilesh

😡😡😡

This message was authored by ihatetec This message was authored by: ihatetec

skygo stopped working

HI ,my sky go app has stopped working on my cromebook was fine for months ?have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same,all seems ok untill you select programe and just goes to " TV Guide".?

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

Re: skygo stopped working

Read the above posts. Sky no longer support sky go on chromebooks 😡

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

Let's Hope either Sky or Chromebook sort this out asap

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I bought my Daughter a chrombook so she can watch sky go in her bedroom. Been working fine untill now.. 

Opens app and connected to sky box, press channel or recorded program and crashes. So mad as i understand that Sky are not supporting chrombook anymore. WHY!!!???

Absolutely disgusting Sky. The amount of money you charge every month and i can't watch on a chrombook. And i bet i am not the only one that is angry 😡.

Get it back on Chromebook sky please 

This message was authored by Jinsta This message was authored by: Jinsta

I put an official complaint in, just got fobbed off, they're not interested.

My contract expires soon, seriously considering not renewing it!!

This message was authored by DanCoity This message was authored by: DanCoity

This is the response i got.

" i am sorry to know that you are unable to use Sky Go App on your Chromebook and want to this issue to be resolved. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

I need to inform you that Sky Go App is now not compatible with chromebook as there are bugs which needs to be fixed and is a known issue for all chromebook users. I would request you to wait for an update about Sky Go App.  

We are aware that most of our customers are facing an issue to access Sky Go App on Chromebook after the recent Chrome OS update as it isn't compatible with Sky Go App.

Alternatively, you can use Beta version of Sky Go App which is available in App Store."

This message was authored by DanCoity This message was authored by: DanCoity

Re: skygo stopped working

Not what i have been told. More they haven't been bothered to fix some bugs yet. Keep the pressure up.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DanCoity wrote:

Alternatively, you can use Beta version of Sky Go App which is available in App Store."

Out of interest does the beta version work, you will need to uninstall the other version first:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bskyb.skygo

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Syd+the+Octopus This message was authored by: Syd+the+Octopus

Yes same issue on my new Asus Chromebook, BT TV works ok. Question is, is it a problem with Sky or Chrome OS?

This message was authored by PhilChromeBook This message was authored by: PhilChromeBook

What a load of rubbish 

SKY you are a disgrace for blocking the use of chromebooks 

I will be in touch with customer support

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion