Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by roberthphal This message was authored by: roberthphal

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Mine is the same when I go to view it keeps crashing??? 

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Very disappointing that sky don't support sky go on chromebooks anymore. Anyone found a work - around? 

This message was authored by Dmgdriving This message was authored by: Dmgdriving

I've got the same problem.

My Sky Go was working fine until I did the Chrome OS update yesterday and now I can get the app to open up, but the minute I try to watch something I have a little black screen pop up very quickly then shut off and the whole app crashes.

I can't believe Sky won't support Sky Go on Chromebook. Chromebooks are literally the best for streaming. I was really enjoying using Sky Go on mine .

So annoying as like others on here, watching Prime or Netflix on one is no problem.

Shame Sky can't just sort a work around out, I think there are more people than they realise using Chromebooks 😞

This message was authored by Jinsta This message was authored by: Jinsta

I have the exaxt same issue, this is truly a joke!!

This message was authored by nandi This message was authored by: nandi

I have the same problem..  very disappoint with sky .. 😡

This message was authored by Doc+E This message was authored by: Doc+E

I have been in touch with Sky and I am still waiting for them to resolve the issue. I hope everyone with this this problem has contacted Sky. It beggars belief that this problem has been going  on for about 4 months now and SKy has not been able to find a fix for it😥

This message was authored by Garyj This message was authored by: Garyj

I think it is disgraceful that Sky no longer supports Sky go app on chromebooks, I really hope they sort this out quickly

This message was authored by George+1979 This message was authored by: George+1979

See the email response I got sky above. They didn't want to know at all. Terrible service. 😡

They're not interested. I've raised an official complaint. They should have at least made an announcement about this change.

I only bought my Chromebook last month, had they given an indication this was happening, I would have purchased something else.

This message was authored by Debra86 This message was authored by: Debra86

Sky go closing when I press play on any channel

My sky go app loads on my chrome book but when I press the play button on any channel it closes the app I have tried away from home and at home, I have tried task manager to force a stop and uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the issue still persists.

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

SKY GO on Chromewbook

I have just purchased a new chronebook and my sky go app appears not to be working

Spoiler
 is there an issue as my BT Sports app works ok 

This message was authored by Dmgdriving This message was authored by: Dmgdriving

Re: Sky go closing when I press play on any channel

@Debra86that's pretty much what happens to mine.

Did you have a Chrome O/S update the other day? Mine was working fine until the update and now I can open the app fine but it crashes and closes if I try to watch anything

Re: Sky go closing when I press play on any channel

Don't waste your time with uninstalling / re-installing, it's not a problem with the app.

Sky have completely removed the option of watching the Sky Go app on Chromebooks. That's why when you press play it looks like it's going to play, but is then being blocked.

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

Bit of a bummer as the BT sports app works fine 

This message was authored by maureen415 This message was authored by: maureen415

Absolutely disgusting disregard for customers who own chromebooks!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion