Discussion topic: No Sky Go or VIP

This message was authored by TonyT66 This message was authored by: TonyT66

No Sky Go or VIP

Hi,

I recently moved from Sky Stream to Sky Q.  When I was with Stream I had access to the Sky Go app and the VIP area.  Since moving  to Q I have lost both of these - they say that I have to upgrade my subscription but my subscription says that it includes both of these things.  I have also lost access to some On Demand shows for the same reason.  I would love to be able to actually speak to someone at Sky but just cannot get past the robots.

Any help out there?!

Best Answers
TonyT66
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyT66 This message was authored by: TonyT66 Answer

Re: No Sky Go or VIP

Hello again.  Just thought I would let people know what the issue was.  When I moved from Stream to Q - considered a downgrade by Sky - I used the same email address, the only one I have,  for my Sky ID.  If you move from Q to Stream this would be fine but not from Stream to Q.  So I had to create a new email address (actually an alias of my actual address) and then use this to create a new Sky ID tied to my Sky account.  Hope that helps someone else who 'downgrades' to Q.

Thanks to @caesarome  for referring my issue to someone at Sky and thanks to them for solving the issue.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonyT66 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
TonyT66
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyT66 This message was authored by: TonyT66

Thank you so much

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @TonyT66 an invite to chat.

TonyT66
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyT66 This message was authored by: TonyT66 Answer

Hello again.  Just thought I would let people know what the issue was.  When I moved from Stream to Q - considered a downgrade by Sky - I used the same email address, the only one I have,  for my Sky ID.  If you move from Q to Stream this would be fine but not from Stream to Q.  So I had to create a new email address (actually an alias of my actual address) and then use this to create a new Sky ID tied to my Sky account.  Hope that helps someone else who 'downgrades' to Q.

Thanks to @caesarome  for referring my issue to someone at Sky and thanks to them for solving the issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion