Discussion topic: Mac SkyGo App error code PFE 9903

This message was authored by Nellieq This message was authored by: Nellieq

Mac SkyGo App error code PFE 9903

I'm not running any screen recording applications or any program capable of screen capture. Yet the SkyGo application for MacOS refuses to work because the program incorrectly interprets that I am running something capable of recording.

I've seen two other posts on this discussion site reporting this same error code and it seems mostly associated with the latest version of MacOS Monterey or Mac computers with an M1 processor.

If I close all the programs and end all proceses the app still doesn't work. If I reboot the machine, it works but only temporarily. When I navigate to the "Activity Monitor" (equivalent of task manager) there is no process running anything called "iOSScreeenCaptureAssistant" which some say is the cause of the problem.

I think the real problem in my opinion is that it is a shoddy application that needs to be improved and fixed by Sky. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Mac SkyGo App error code PFE 9903

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you. 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by srqc This message was authored by: srqc

I am also a Sky Go user on a Mac Book Pro.  This app has worked perfectly from the day I bought the machine right up to today.  I have no screen capture software running.  I have no access to "iOSS Screen Capture Assistant " as this does not exist.  I am now getting the same banner as other users : Error code PFE 9903 telling me I am running screen capture software.  I am not.  This is definitely an issue with Sky Go itself and it has NOT been rectified 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What happens if you close everything running in the background @srqc @as something that is running is triggering the error.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SunsetSilver This message was authored by: SunsetSilver

I am really annoyed. I am travelling and I want to watch the rather expensive content I pay for from SKY. Now I am getting the very annoying Error code: PFE9903. Alledgly for something that is recording the video from SKY. Well I have nothing on this laptop to record anything.

I need you to fox this, or I will not be renewing my contract - which expires on 12 Dec 2022

This message was authored by SunsetSilver This message was authored by: SunsetSilver

I got the same - very poor software engineering

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You are talking to other customers here, this error is caused by something that is running that can capture sound, video or pictures.  The snipping tool is one such program that would need closing if it is running.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TeecDubya This message was authored by: TeecDubya

If you have a MacBook do this and it worked for me: (thanks to some guy on Twitter for this advice!)

I had the same issue - I fixed it by ending a process called 'iOSScreeenCaptureAssistant' in Activity Monitor - definitely worth fixing

This message was authored by Paula909 This message was authored by: Paula909

Having same problem..  wasted 30 mins on a call and problem is back. Its telegram but I'm not deleting an app for sky. The permissions are switched off in settings for screen recordings on my mac.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion