Discussion topic: 404 Error on Apple TV 6 months free Link

This message was authored by Teressa+Northedge This message was authored by: Teressa+Northedge

404 Error on Apple TV 6 months free Link

I registered for the Apple TV offer with need to be redeemed by 7th July. I wanted to activate the offer for my holiday and the link keeps going to a page showing 404 error

Any advice welcome, thank you 

IMG_4842.png

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: 404 Error on Apple TV 6 months free Link

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have rejected that image as it contains a image of your unique link so you don't want others to get their hand on it.

I don't know, if they can but you could try to see if Sky can activate it for you by calling them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Teressa+Northedge wrote:

I registered for the Apple TV offer with need to be redeemed by 7th July. I wanted to activate the offer for my holiday and the link keeps going to a page showing 404 error

Any advice welcome, thank you 

IMG_4842.png

@Teressa+Northedge are you sure it was the 7th of July ? as I thought it was the 7th of June as it is no longer available on the my Sky app etc 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Laing1 

Is it the case that although the offer has finished via the app, as long as you have got the link you get an extra month to activate it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome wrote:

@Laing1 

Is it the case that although the offer has finished via the app, as long as you have got the link you get an extra month to activate it ?

@caesarome i can't remember what the terms and conditions were wether it had to be redeemed by the 7th of June or that is when the offer ended and the link below only states it's available until 7th of June

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-TV/Get-Apple-TV-free-for-6-months-on-Sky/ba-p/4290245#:~:text=For%2....

Teressa+Northedge
Topic Author
This message was authored by Teressa+Northedge This message was authored by: Teressa+Northedge

Hi @Laing1  @caesarome 

Thank you both for your help and advice. 

I definitely have until the 7th July, but the link just keeps coming back with the error code 🤦🏼‍♀️

I guess it's going take a phone call to sort it out. 

Thank you again 😊

IMG_1061.jpeg

@Teressa+Northedge wrote:

Hi @Laing1  @caesarome 

Thank you both for your help and advice. 

I definitely have until the 7th July, but the link just keeps coming back with the error code 🤦🏼‍♀️

I guess it's going take a phone call to sort it out. 

Thank you again 😊

IMG_1061.jpeg

@Teressa+Northedge thank you for confirming that anyone who has redeemed the offer has until 07/07/2023 to activate it.

This message was authored by alrosa This message was authored by: alrosa

I have been on the phone to Sky many times about activations and the frustration that most people at Sky donot or cannot do,  or are not prepared to do , system 'debugging'. I have an issue that an offer was made to me on the Home page,  I followed through via the scan code, that did not work, but,  the Link via the website did. Then when using the app, afterr what I thought was a successful activation, the App later indicated activation was no longer valid and a subscription was required to continue.

My issue is that Sky has no way of verifying what they present to users, no way of verifying what the user does and whether the activate code 'gets through' correctly to the APP,  i.e. they appear not to have any internal system logging  they are prepared to examine to check if SKY systems are or are not working as designed, and any inteface fault is with the APP or the cause is with SKY software systems.  

Any complaint on this front is opened and immediately closed as they have no process other than 'volume of same complaints' to investigate any individual issue. There is absolutely no follow through of a complaint to investigate just the operator's summizing and obscuration to say this is against data protection etc etc.

If I complain to a bank,as an example,  they will investigate a complaint thourghly and return in 10 days with an answer or resolution.Sky does not have this  acceptance that a 'COMPLIANT' is  serious enough to investigate , within their customer satisfaction process. They would rather spend hours talking through the reasons why it is the way it is it,  rather than recognise customer dissatisfaction and properly address it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion