Discussion topic: Use an iPad to control Sky Glass? Plus Airplay?

This message was authored by Davy58 This message was authored by: Davy58

Use an iPad to control Sky Glass? Plus Airplay?

Was looking to see if it is possible to control Sky Glass with a 12" IPad. Can't see any apps to do this, plus for some reason, Air Play won't work as it does on my LG TV using Apple TV box or even a NVidia Shield. Both boxes connected to Glass TV and working fine except when I try to use Air Play on either one.can use air play on either box when they are connect to my spare LG TV but not Glass as I said.

65inch Sky Glass, 2 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Superfast Broadband

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Use an iPad to control Sky Glass? Plus Airplay?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Davy58 wrote:

Was looking to see if it is possible to control Sky Glass with a 12" IPad. Can't see any apps to do this, plus for some reason, Air Play won't work as it does on my LG TV using Apple TV box or even a NVidia Shield. Both boxes connected to Glass TV and working fine except when I try to use Air Play on either one.can use air play on either box when they are connect to my spare LG TV but not Glass as I said.

No, not possible as the Glass TV does not have Airpplay

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Davy58 wrote:

No, not possible as the Glass TV does not have Airpplay

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Nor does it have an accompanying app that can provide remote control functions or playlist functionality 

top of my wish list though .........

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
Davy58
Topic Author
This message was authored by Davy58 This message was authored by: Davy58

Strangely enough, I went upstairs for something and bedroom tv was on with airplay on..shame Sky couldn't incorporate something like this...oh well, we can only dream 😴 

65inch Sky Glass, 2 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Superfast Broadband
This message was authored by Wiganer77 This message was authored by: Wiganer77

It really is gash.

£160 a month and doesn't have the basics.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion