Discussion topic: SKY GLASS STREAMING (PROBLEMS TODAY)

This message was authored by CHSomerset This message was authored by: CHSomerset

SKY GLASS STREAMING (PROBLEMS TODAY)

We switched on SKY Glass at lunchtime today and it was on ITV, tried to turn over to BBC 1 and it kept saying allow programme to load. We have tried everything we can and left it switched off for a good 2-3 hours but the problem is still there. I have checked streaming status and it is saying no issues in our area.

We are in the Somerset area and thought I would ask here is anyone else is experiencing similar problems.

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

Re: SKY GLASS STREAMING (PROBLEMS TODAY)

@CHSomerset 

When you switched it off did you switch it off at the wall? Make sure you do this as it will fully reboot the TV. Leave it off for a minute before powering back on. 

Have you checked your broadband connection? Is your router functioning normally? How is your Glass TV connected to it? 

If it's by WiFi make sure the speed is sufficient. Open the Netlflix app, navigate to the get help menu and run a network check. This will show you the exact speed Glass is receiving. Ideally it needs to be 30Mbps+.

If you are connected via ethernet, make sure that WiFi is turned off on the network settings menu on the TV. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

@CHSomerset 

When you switched it off did you switch it off at the wall? Make sure you do this as it will fully reboot the TV. Leave it off for a minute before powering back on. 

Have you checked your broadband connection? Is your router functioning normally? How is your Glass TV connected to it? 

If it's by WiFi make sure the speed is sufficient. Open the Netlflix app, navigate to the get help menu and run a network check. This will show you the exact speed Glass is receiving. Ideally it needs to be 30Mbps+.

If you are connected via ethernet, make sure that WiFi is turned off on the network settings menu on the TV. 

CHSomerset
Topic Author
This message was authored by CHSomerset This message was authored by: CHSomerset

@Padam_Padam Many thanks for all the suggestions. I had checked the wifi signal which was download 612 and upload 618 so all good there. I had managed to get programmes in our Playlist to play back but no "live" tv. I unplugged the tv and left it for 10 minutes and then reconnected and your tip worked and we are now up and running again.

Thank you for taking time to reply and providing a list of things to try. I have saved the details for the future 👍😀

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@CHSomerset wrote:

@Padam_Padam Many thanks for all the suggestions. I had checked the wifi signal which was download 612 and upload 618 so all good there. I had managed to get programmes in our Playlist to play back but no "live" tv. I unplugged the tv and left it for 10 minutes and then reconnected and your tip worked and we are now up and running again.

Thank you for taking time to reply and providing a list of things to try. I have saved the details for the future 👍😀

Glad it worked for you. The turn it off at the wall trick seems to be standard fix for most Glass glitches!

CHSomerset
Topic Author

Good to know - Thanks again.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Padam_Padam wrote:

Glad it worked for you. The turn it off at the wall trick seems to be standard fix for most Glass glitches!

@Padam_Padam I had very few issues when I had a Glass TV and this is the same with my Stream Puck.

I believe one of the reasons is that at least once a week (sometimes more) I switch it off at the plug socket when I go out and back on again when I get back home.  This "voluntary" reboot, done at my convenience, seems to sort out developing glitches before they become a problem.  I wouldn't say I never have an issue but they are very rare 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
CHSomerset
Topic Author

That is a really good idea - I will give it a go. Thank you for sharing.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@Padam_Padam I had very few issues when I had a Glass TV and this is the same with my Stream Puck.

I believe one of the reasons is that at least once a week (sometimes more) I switch it off at the plug socket when I go out and back on again when I get back home.  This "voluntary" reboot, done at my convenience, seems to sort out developing glitches before they become a problem.  I wouldn't say I never have an issue but they are very rare 🤞

It's a good plan, but not much use for those of us with somewhat inaccessible plug sockets. 
I moved the plug for my puck to a closer socket to make rebooting easier but it still wasn't convenient & just became too annoying. 
We're much happier as a household since getting rid of Stream to be honest. Watching TV has become pleasurable again! 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Padam_Padam Good point about the socket being accessible which luckily mine is.  I have never used them myself but some people have mentioned on the forum they use smart plugs.

I imagine you are back with Sky Q.  I appreciate it is a personal view but now I am used to Stream I prefer it to my old Sky Q setup.  It's certainly not perfect but then neither was Q.

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Padam_Padam Good point about the socket being accessible which luckily mine is.  I have never used them myself but some people have mentioned on the forum they use smart plugs.

I imagine you are back with Sky Q.  I appreciate it is a personal view but now I am used to Stream I prefer it to my old Sky Q setup.  It's certainly not perfect but then neither was Q.

No, we ditched Sky completely after having it in various guises for 18+ years. Really have no need for it any more. Had Stream been better then we might have stuck with it but we curate all our viewing and prefer quality over quantity now. 
Our Apple TV 4K boxes give us everything we need for a lot less money and are much more reliable and flexible for how we watch TV. 

@Padam_Padam I agree with you the ATV is a great piece of kit and I have a 4K one connected to my TV and  use it from time to time.  I have thought about subscribing to the Now TV App for a month or so to see if I actually need Sky but haven't got around to it yet and I still find Sky Stream so convenient.

Good luck with your ATV 😀

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion