Discussion topic: Glass needs rebooting every other day

This message was authored by benjaminthomas90 This message was authored by: benjaminthomas90

Glass needs rebooting every other day

So up until recently I've had a fairly good experience with sky glass, but over the last month I seem to have to reboot the tv (unplug and plug in) every other day to get it working. 
It generally starts when the TV has been switched off (gone to black screen with red light on) and then trying to turn it back on. Either the red light starts to pulsate or it just doesn't respond to the remote or buttons on the tv. 
I didn't mind the first couple of times as I had assumed it was the kids not using the remote correctly or something but now it's just a consistent issue.

anyone had something similar happen? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Glass needs rebooting every other day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@benjaminthomas90 couple of suggestions disable the deep,sleep option in Start up and standby settings and enable stay networked in standby. Makes start up faster and far more reliable.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Sha0linpunk This message was authored by: Sha0linpunk

Same issue. Black screen

done the reset snd now black screen flashing red power light

cant amend any options as suggested as  cant get passed black screen to any menus

really regret xky glass!

This message was authored by kimono This message was authored by: kimono

Yes. Same thing happening with my SkyGlass tv. No probelms before this but now have to unplug and reboot every couple of days. 
anyone know who to talk to about this problem ? 

This message was authored by LouisG1970 This message was authored by: LouisG1970

Same here 

every night I come home I have to unplug and start again. Only recent. 
any ideas why this is happening? 

This message was authored by Josyjobgh This message was authored by: Josyjobgh

Yes, me too. Exactly same. Driving me nuts. I want compensation for this tbf 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion