Discussion topic: sky error message on email. I keep getting an error message on my phone and ipad .

This message was authored by AMP1 This message was authored by: AMP1

sky error message on email. I keep getting an error message on my phone and ipad .

I keep getting an error message saying 'Account Error" and saying the mail server ''imap. tools.sky.com is not responding. Can anyone direct me on how to resolve this ? Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: sky error message on email. I keep getting an error message on my phone and ipad .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PoshPaws wrote:

I'm ripping my hair out over this same issue on my iphone! Apparently outlook app is not recommended, along with a few others, but Apple mail is and thats what I'm using, so how can this be fixed?

It won't fixed until Apple get around to fixing it. I've used the Outlook app in the past and it seems fine. I wonder on what basis it's not recommended, unless it's simply because it's not an Apple product?

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: sky error message on email. I keep getting an error message on my phone and ipad .

Which email app are you using? Can you log in here: https://www.sky.com/signin/email ?

AMP1
Topic Author
This message was authored by AMP1 This message was authored by: AMP1

Yes I can log inon that link thanks. Its always appears on my iphone and ipad mail app, when i eventually get emails most are empty for at least 20 mins and say message cannot be downloaded from the  server

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

There's a frequently reported, intermittent issue with Apple's Mail app which has been going on for months. From previous posts, the problem is short-lived, and then returns to normal working. A more satisfactory solution might be to use a different email app such as Outlook.

This message was authored by PoshPaws This message was authored by: PoshPaws

I'm ripping my hair out over this same issue on my iphone! Apparently outlook app is not recommended, along with a few others, but Apple mail is and thats what I'm using, so how can this be fixed?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@PoshPaws wrote:

It won't fixed until Apple get around to fixing it. I've used the Outlook app in the past and it seems fine. I wonder on what basis it's not recommended, unless it's simply because it's not an Apple product?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion