Discussion topic: iphone only downloading 3000 emails

This message was authored by three1 This message was authored by: three1

iphone only downloading 3000 emails

I just upgraded my iphone from 12 to 12 Pro Max for wider screen.

All the sky emails are only downloading to max 3000 emails when previously I had more than 9000 emails downloaded from server.  Also, it is giving many network errors and not downloading emails in a timely manner.  

Can anyone help?

thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: iphone only downloading 3000 emails

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you using the apple email app on the iphone as these have been a bit buggy for a while so another way to access your emails if by logging into your online account here:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
three1
Topic Author

Thanks @caesarome for your reply which is appreciated.

I have no issues in logging into from the web email but I want to use the Apple iphone mail app for my work.   I was not aware of it being buggy recently as I had no issues using my previous  phone....

any other thoughts?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You could try deleting the account and trying again or use a different email app like Outlook instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
three1
Topic Author

I have to contain my server within 3000 emails and then delete/add account to make it work.

But it is the not same as before when i was able to download the same number of emails in the Sky server and it was not limited to 3000 emails.  Do you know why it is only downloading 3000 emails?

If I have 9000 emails in the server, apple email app only downloads the old 3000 emails and no further emails are downloaded so it does not serve its purpose as an email app!!

This message was authored by NMaddi1 This message was authored by: NMaddi1

Have you been able to resolve this? My e mail has been like this for several months, I'm using the same iPad as before. I may as well forget 2 factor Authenticator as it takes anything up to 12 hrs to receive e mails and they all arrive shortly after 7am and then another hour for the content of the e mail to download so any code has long since expired.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Apple's Mail app does appear to be a bit flaky. I'd repeat @caesarome's suggestion to use a different app.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion