This message was authored by Ness This message was authored by: Ness

Spam Email?

 Is anyone else receiving these emails? 

IMG_0694.png

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Spam Email?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ness  100% spam, mark as spam & delete, there are a few giveaways, 1st the email from is completely wrong for Sky to use.

2 no such updates are ongoing.  The link within the email will no doubt take you to a non sky.com link and is only there to capture personal details for scammers to use.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Ness  100% spam, mark as spam & delete, there are a few giveaways, 1st the email from is completely wrong for Sky to use.

2 no such updates are ongoing.  The link within the email will no doubt take you to a non sky.com link and is only there to capture personal details for scammers to use.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Ness 

It does appear to be both possibly spam and scam

The domain reagan appear to provide totally private email 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Ness wrote:

 Is anyone else receiving these emails? 

@Ness 

Plenty of people are as they have been doing the rounds for years, this forum does see a number of similar posts each week regarding these spam emails.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by norder This message was authored by: norder

If you right click on the email and scroll down the options, you can read the raw email. The reply to address on there is reagan.com which is a paiid for email service. Not Yahoo or Sky. I had 5 saying my account neededupdating and another saying my bill was ready to view. The update one is quite threatening language saying "You've oignored our emails"  and you will not receieve eny more if you don't reply within 24 hours. Sky would never  usethat sort of language. Report it to abuse@sky.com. I had at least 6 of themn during March 2024.

Nordi

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion