Discussion topic: having to decypher that awful letteering

This message was authored by avrilwaugh This message was authored by: avrilwaugh

having to decypher that awful letteering

Every time I sign in to yahoo email I have to try and work out what the awful wording is before I can access my emails, this happens so many times a day and evening and it is driving me mad. I don't have the best eyesight and it is so difficult to differentiate between some of the letters. How can this be stopped, it has only been happening for a week or two.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: having to decypher that awful letteering

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@avrilwaugh wrote:

Thank you - only Norton....

That might well be the cause. You could try disabling it as a first step to confirm one way or the other.

Edited to add: there should be an option to have the letters recited to you verbally which you might find easier.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

It's called a CAPTCHA, and you are getting it because the system suspects you of not being a human.

If it started about a week ago, did you make any changes to your system about then, such as adding a VPN, new security software or  browser add-on.

Blocking cookies can also cause it.

avrilwaugh
Topic Author
This message was authored by avrilwaugh This message was authored by: avrilwaugh

Thank you - only Norton but surely several times a day is a bit much. I have terminal cancer and find this quite upsetting and wish I could stop it. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@avrilwaugh wrote:

Thank you - only Norton....

That might well be the cause. You could try disabling it as a first step to confirm one way or the other.

Edited to add: there should be an option to have the letters recited to you verbally which you might find easier.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion