Discussion topic: Yahoo! Email broken again

This message was authored by SheriffJWPepper This message was authored by: SheriffJWPepper

Yahoo! Email broken again

So Yahoo! email seems to be broken yet again and to not be working with Outlook 365, server side error as usual started 15/05 late afternoon / early evening. Anyone else getting can't logon error to receive emails?

No configuration issues here been working fine for ages.

pop.mail.yahoo.com is where the problem seems to lie on SSL port 995.

SOLUTION (should work for all)

So if you're having this issue try reseting / generating a new app password, you can do so on the link below, it has worked for me, no idea why the muppets seem to have forced an "app password" reset/change:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Yahoo! Email broken again

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Yahoo Mail isn't broken, as you can see by the absence of other posts here reporting a problem.

In fact it has been working surprisingly reliably now for many months. It's simply that Outlook and a number of other email apps and clients don't support Oauth2 authentication requirements implemented some while ago. Sky outline the situation here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/getting-started-with-sky-yahoo-mail-v3

You're right that a generated password allows Outlook to continue to work. A password reset isn't necessary.

This message was authored by Whenwillitwork This message was authored by: Whenwillitwork

I have not been able to logon to my email account for the last 3 weeks. This seems to happen frequently. The message is:-

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://skyidapp.sky.com/AK_PM_VPATH0/856922/288_Error.html" on this server.

Reference #18.6f8cb17.1684223151.6a6de0c

This is on my PC which I have been using for the last 6 years and every now and then this happens. i have changed my password and it never seems to cure the problem.

@Whenwillitwork this is related to your public IP address. Are you outside the UK? Or using a VPN?

This message was authored by Whenwillitwork This message was authored by: Whenwillitwork

No I am not in the UK but that should not make any difference, I understand that it is to do with the IP address of my system, but I have been using he same PC for 5 years and the problem seems to be happening more frequently.  I use McAfee virus software which has a VPN option but that is turned off. So why does this problem keeping repeating itself.

@Whenwillitwork wrote:

No I am not in the UK but that should not make any difference, I understand that it is to do with the IP address of my system, but I have been using he same PC for 5 years and the problem seems to be happening more frequently.

Nothing to do with the device you're using. It's related to your Internet connection. Sky block IP addresses known to be associated with security issues. I've seen the same issue when travelling around SE Asia. Log in via a different connection and it's fine.

SheriffJWPepper
Topic Author
This message was authored by SheriffJWPepper This message was authored by: SheriffJWPepper

Hey Whenwillitwork, what about your Outlook version? Is it 365? Some email providers have stopped supporting older versions of Outlook I believe, or web browser  version if going via that, is it bang upto date? Got any popup/ad blockers on that might be affecting access? Tried disabling them on the email site?

I have no problem with outlook via internet version, It is Sky/Yahoo that I have the problem with, I have lived at the same location, so are you saying that it is my internet  provider that is causing the issue. The app on my iPad connects to the Sky/Yahoo email without problems via Wi/Fi.

By the way I can logon to the Sky web site without an problem

@Whenwillitwork wrote:

I have no problem with outlook via internet version, It is Sky/Yahoo that I have the problem with, I have lived at the same location, so are you saying that it is my internet  provider that is causing the issue. The app on my iPad connects to the Sky/Yahoo email without problems via Wi/Fi.

Sky's help guide suggests contacting them with the information they specify here : https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-yahoo-mail

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion