Discussion topic: Unable to access Sky Yahoo across all devices

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Unable to access Sky Yahoo across all devices

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Savo1965  Has there been an extended period of time where you have never access your Email account?  If so it may well have been deactivated as it's not recognising your login email address.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Savo1965 This message was authored by: Savo1965

Hi, no, I have used my email daily for at least the last 10 years if not longer. It appears that the account has been deleted by someone as I'm unable to retrieve/reset anything. The last email was received yesterday.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Savo1965 wrote:

Yes, it says that it does not recognise my email address!!! Hence I think it's been hacked and the password changed.

And this is the same email address that your Mac or IPhone uses when you try to log in there? If your email address isn't recognised, I'm wondering if either you've entered it incorrectly or your email account has been closed. A hacker can change your password but not your email address.

The email address is definitely correct. I'm thinking whoever has accessed my account has closed it!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Savo1965 wrote:

The email address is definitely correct. I'm thinking whoever has accessed my account has closed it!

I don't think that is possible as Sky email accounts are only closed if the user doesn't login over a period of months and they wouldn't be able to call to close it either as they wouldn't know your telephone password.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Thanks for your help.

I'm at a loss as to what has happened.

I cannot log into my account!

Can you login and access this link with the same login details:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Billyc7c
Topic Author
This message was authored by Billyc7c This message was authored by: Billyc7c

Evening all, I have now tried all the suggestions given, and thx to thse who have sought to help, but like SAVO I too appear to no longer have an email account with Sky. The last successful access was yesterday, and my wife first noted a problem late last night, it was only this morning that I was able to look at getting myself.

As I have previously said, I can get in via the Sky.com website and I can see the inbox, with the last emails recieved yesterday (26/6), but access through Yahoo on a PC, or the Yahoo app on Android and Apple devices is currently not possible.

I guess I am going to have find some time to contact Sky via that old method called the telephone, as the HelpBot appears to be designed to point all to here.

Thanks again, to all who have taken the time to help, should you have any further ideas, I am still open to them and will keep an eye on the thread until I can speak to Sky.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Billyc7c wrote:

Evening all, I have now tried all the suggestions given, and thx to thse who have sought to help, but like SAVO I too appear to no longer have an email account with Sky. The last successful access was yesterday, and my wife first noted a problem late last night, it was only this morning that I was able to look at getting myself.

As I have previously said, I can get in via the Sky.com website and I can see the inbox, with the last emails recieved yesterday (26/6), but access through Yahoo on a PC, or the Yahoo app on Android and Apple devices is currently not possible.

I guess I am going to have find some time to contact Sky via that old method called the telephone, as the HelpBot appears to be designed to point all to here.

Thanks again, to all who have taken the time to help, should you have any further ideas, I am still open to them and will keep an eye on the thread until I can speak to Sky.

If you can log in via the Sky website, you still have an operational email account. I doubt Sky will be able to help, in all honesty.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Billyc7c 

You say you can login to sky email, but the last received email was yesterday (sorry but it's difficult to follow your posts as the thread has been somewhat hijacked)

So if you log in here: https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email, are the emails possibly being redirected to another folder, other than the inbox?

The easiest way to tell, is to put your ID (the bit before the @ in your email) in the search box and hit search, it will find all your emails and tell you what folder they are in.

Your link cannot be found.Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 21.20.51.png

There was an errant comma on the end of it @Savo1965 so try this one:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

Billyc7c
Topic Author

Good morning, me again,

So there has been a development; I can now get to the inbox online through Yahoo and Sky, and it shows emails from yesterday, (27/6); however, there are none from today, which is unusual, so there may still be an issue there?. But, if I try through the app, it still claims the account is not recognised.

It looks like Sky may not be the issue, at least directly, it looks like it could be the Yahoo app? Are you now in a similar position @Savo1965?

Billyc7c
Topic Author

Sorted!

Firstly thanks to all who offered help and advice.

I spent a while on the internet looking at various fixes suggested and more, amd mosttly looking for a contact number for Sky, (🙄😠), and thought I'd give the app one more try before uninstalling, and setting up new accounts on Gmail, etc, when it worked!

It looks like the issue was indeed the Yahoo app all along, (for me anyway), which is now fixed.

Thanks again all, and have a good weekend.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion